Toyota Yaris GR4 4x4 Rally going into production.....

Soldato
There is a big waiting list now too which is where cancelled orders should go.

How big is the list meant to be? I got the email below off Toyota on Wednesday, I signed up to the list the day after the books closed.

Hi Benjamin,​
We're very sorry to inform you that due to unprecedented demand, GR Yaris has now sold out for 2022.

You're 46 on the waiting list, click on the link below to stay on the waiting list until 2023 and we will update you early next year with information on availability.

You also have a range of other options to explore, including discovering alternative models in our GR series.​

Soldato
How big is the list meant to be? I got the email below off Toyota on Wednesday, I signed up to the list the day after the books closed.

Hi Benjamin,​
We're very sorry to inform you that due to unprecedented demand, GR Yaris has now sold out for 2022.

You're 46 on the waiting list, click on the link below to stay on the waiting list until 2023 and we will update you early next year with information on availability.

You also have a range of other options to explore, including discovering alternative models in our GR series.​
There are a few others on the various forums who had the same email. I think the highest seen by forum members was in the four hundreds. One lad was #7.

OcUK Staff
OP
Any GR Yaris owners, remember servicing cost are increasing by close to 50% next month.

I've just taken a 3yr service plan out which includes 2x major and 2x interim services for £1130, interest free, so two payment of £200 followed by 30 payments of £24.

Next month same plan will be around £1600, so anyone planning on keeping probably a good idea to take the plan out before the prices change next week.

Soldato
Any GR Yaris owners, remember servicing cost are increasing by close to 50% next month.

I've just taken a 3yr service plan out which includes 2x major and 2x interim services for £1130, interest free, so two payment of £200 followed by 30 payments of £24.

Next month same plan will be around £1600, so anyone planning on keeping probably a good idea to take the plan out before the prices change next week.
:eek: got a source on that? My 2nd Safety Check is due September, wonder if I book it now it'll stay current price. Don't want to buy a service pack as I'll probably sell the car this year.

OcUK Staff
OP
:eek: got a source on that? My 2nd Safety Check is due September, wonder if I book it now it'll stay current price. Don't want to buy a service pack as I'll probably sell the car this year.

Yes Toyota:
Interim service cost goes from £190 to £300
Major service from £345 upto £500 plus

Toyota are essentially making all GR's the same servicing cost, equal to that of the Supra, maybe the technicians are getting a payrise or maybe it is just additional profits for Toyota but either way they are going up next month.....

Any Toyota dealership can confirm this.

OcUK Staff
OP
Yikes that's a shame, big increase that.

Hence buy the service plan whilst at the old pricing. ;)

£1130 for 4 services is like £275 per service average, bargain! :)

Don't even have to pay anything today, my service plan first £200 is Sept, then £200 November and then £25 a month for 30 months, its interest free so well worth doing and saves around £500 by doing so.

Soldato
Toyota are essentially making all GR's the same servicing cost, equal to that of the Supra
Balls :(
I expect that's going to apply to the GR86 as well then. Just had a look too see if I could buy a plan now, but can't without a reg number. And the car isn't projected to arrive until October :/

That's taken the shine off it a bit.

Soldato
Hence buy the service plan whilst at the old pricing. ;)

£1130 for 4 services is like £275 per service average, bargain! :)

Don't even have to pay anything today, my service plan first £200 is Sept, then £200 November and then £25 a month for 30 months, its interest free so well worth doing and saves around £500 by doing so.
Thanks just bought one, was planning to sell the car this winter anyway but it looks like plan is refundable minus £25 admin so I'll either come out even if I sell or save money if I keep it longer. Wish they'd sent an email/letter about this though, gonna catch a lot of people out.

Associate
It is a bit of a con. Making the GR range the same service cost. I am pretty sure the Supra will take more oil than the Yaris for example. I'd understand £10/£20 increase but these are a rip off.

I have however taken a service plan 2 fulls, 1 intermediate @ £940.

Associate
It has always been a major at £375 since at least April 2021. As that is when my dealership confirmed pricing before I collected my GR.

The interim is the service that went from £165 to £190.

OcUK Staff
OP
It has always been a major at £375 since at least April 2021. As that is when my dealership confirmed pricing before I collected my GR.

The interim is the service that went from £165 to £190.

Still July, price increase in next month and I think major service will be £500

Associate
Still July, price increase in next month and I think major service will be £500

Yup £300 interim, £500 full.

Also something to be aware of the 2yr/24k service and 4yr/48k service are the same price. Yet on the 24k service they only inspect brake fluid/gbox and diff oil etc, but on the 4yr/48k these fluids are all replaced. Another annoying example of squeezing extra money for nothing out of the customer. Might be worth insisting on the 4yr/48k service at 2yr/24k interval.

Back
Top Bottom