World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Soldato
Oh I've also found that there are two strong magnets on the underside of the monitor. not sure what use they serve but my magnetic tail-capped torch has a convenient place to keep itself stored now and the USB port on the monitor makes for easy charging too lol:

hdKKePn.jpg

Both magnets are in the same position on the left and right of the monitor's underside. Def magnets not pieces of metal chassis because the torch repels on one end of each magnet.

IIRC Dell do a magnetic soundbar/monitor speakers, so it might be for that?

Associate
Not scuff marks but residue stains across the bottom of the screen maybe left over from a quick wipe over. I used a glass/mirror cleaning spray to remove them.
Dell offered to take 10% off or organise an exchange. I'm going for the exchange but it seems a lot of these screens suffer from this issue so if the second one isn't great, I won't try again!

Associate
Received my monitor today at 3.30 pm from UPS.

Box was in perfect condition, monitor looks perfect no marks.

Been messing about with it for last two hours just WOW everything looks so good and even fits on my desk thought the monitor would have a bigger footprint.
Worth the long four month wait and three days of frustration from UPS.

No scuff marks on mine got lucky screen is perfectly clean, monitor manufactured May 2022.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
One thing I have noticed is a positive boost in eye comfort when using the monitor in complete darkness. Because it is OLED, the light flood illuminating the desk feels more natural compared to an LED backlight that all LCDs have, and because it's OLED, my eyes feel more comfortable and less strained because of the clarity and lack of backlight. Everything just feels pure/natural.

This really is a game changer, and I've had this since launch and still amazed by it!

Associate
Just finally tested out my replacement and no dead pixels or anything out of place. The monitor had some faint dust marks around the monitor but a micro fiber cloth got rid of them. I’m hoping I don’t get the same issue I had before where the top layer of the monitor seems to wear away in various places. Fingers crossed but happy with Dell so far even though they sent the monitor to an old address despite saying they would check with me before sending it!

Associate
One thing I have noticed is a positive boost in eye comfort when using the monitor in complete darkness. Because it is OLED, the light flood illuminating the desk feels more natural compared to an LED backlight that all LCDs have, and because it's OLED, my eyes feel more comfortable and less strained because of the clarity and lack of backlight. Everything just feels pure/natural.

This really is a game changer, and I've had this since launch and still amazed by it!
Yeah it’s truly an amazing experience. Glad I got this instead of the c2.

Associate
If anyone is thinking of buying the AW3423DW and have a Santander account can get up to £80 cash back. It is save 10% with a maximum of up to £80.

Here is the link to it - UKHOTDEALS- Dell Offer

It is always nice to save a bit of money.

Edit - Just checked and Lloyds have the same deal.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'll jump in and say more accurate and natural colours due to being QD-OLED, as pure as white can get, more immersion due to a curved panel, longer lasting due to being QD-OLED. Add to that, Gsync Ultimate, 144/175Hz.

Soldato
I'll jump in and say more accurate and natural colours due to being QD-OLED, as pure as white can get, more immersion due to a curved panel, longer lasting due to being QD-OLED. Add to that, Gsync Ultimate, 144/175Hz.

Thank you, I was wondering if there was something I was missing and I see how those can be attractive. IF this panel was proper 4k or UW 4k (does that even exist) I'd probably have bitten. It would have solved some logistical issues that the 42" caused me for sure. I also suspect that its a case of higher pixel density on the monitor? So maybe my fears of loss of detail compared to true 4k were misguided. It's a great step forward anyway, I am so glad PC users are able to get the benefits of OLED without having to take on some ridiculous size or set up a pc in the living room.

Will be interesting to see what else comes down the line. I think for me I would love a 34-38 non ultrawide 4k QLED, then I could use the C2 elsewhere.

Unrelated: I hate how it seems a new monitor is released every other week which is just the same panel as another one with different branding.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yeah the new release of same panels etc is not really a new thing, happened for years now with IPS panels and the like. I forgot to add that Samsung' QD-OLED comes with 3 years of warranty that also includes burn-in, that alone might sway many folks.

Soldato
Oddly I have seen absolutely nothing about the Samsung one, only the Alienware, which is odd considering. I assumed they would launch their own version? Or is it the panel itself that has a 3 year warranty.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
If anyone is thinking of buying the AW3423DW and have a Santander account can get up to £80 cash back. It is save 10% with a maximum of up to £80.

Here is the link to it - UKHOTDEALS- Dell Offer

It is always nice to save a bit of money.

Edit - Just checked and Lloyds have the same deal.

Yep. I did that a few months ago and recently got paid the £80 :D

Associate
Much better ABL behavior. 240nits vs 180nits at 100%

Uniformity way better as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, looks like since I'm not happy with the replacement, Dell are now only giving me the option to return my monitor for a full refund. Given the ridiculous discount I got on it, and the lack of any comparable alternative, I guess they have me over a barrel :(

Soldato
Well, looks like since I'm not happy with the replacement, Dell are now only giving me the option to return my monitor for a full refund. Given the ridiculous discount I got on it, and the lack of any comparable alternative, I guess they have me over a barrel :(

A shame these seem to have so many issues from such a small amount of buyers just on here.

Back
Top Bottom