Mourinho leaves Chelsea?

Associate
Well didn't expect this so soon although I think it was inevitable at some point what with all the in-fighting. Would be a shame if he left the Premiership though as he is a character .

Soldato
I'm as surprised as anyone that he's gone, but it's not the end of the world.

There are enough world class managers for Chelsea to choose from, I can only see them continuing to strenghen both on and of the pitch in the long run.

Associate
Its been a bad few months for the English Premship, first losing Henry and now Mourinho. Love him or hate him, he is class!

Soldato
I don't see Drogba or even Lampard (to an extent) staying after this season. Maybe this is the end of the Chelsea fairytale?

Caporegime
'A close friend of Roman Abramovich' says it all for me. Chelsea are a toy to Roman and he's treating them as such. I don't think this is going to end well and can see Chelsea going the same way as Hearts. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few players revolting and getting sacked/sold or leaving of their own accord at the end of the season.

Soldato
how freaky is this lol, i dreamt that Mourhino was sacked last night then woke up this morning to find he had quit/was sacked :D

On topic though, is RA living in cloud cookoo land, he wants his team to win in Europe and play with style, and is far too impatient to wait for it? Money can buy a lot of things, but some things take time to achieve, and imo, RA has shot himself in the foot, there are a lot of world class managers out there, but how many will come to chelsea knowing that RA will be pulling all the strings on decisions that the manager should be making. Look at arsenal, Man u, Liverpool etc, it's the Managers that make the major decisions, not the owner/chairman etc. TBH, it's the best thing that could happen to Mourhino, as much as i don't like him, there's no denying he's a very good manager, good luck to him wherever he goes.

Man of Honour
Not the best timing it has to be said and it's pretty obvious that 'by mutual consent' means you either leave or you're sacked.
I can only think that JM stood his ground over the recent results we've had, ie blaming the fact that we can't score goals at the moment on we haven't got the players to do that and that's not necessarily his doing, it's clear he's never been happy with the side that's been forced upon him so good on him for standing up for himself.
People who say they don't like the sort of football he plays have no idea what they're on about as this season our football has been attacking and very good indeed, all that's been missing is someone to hit the back of the net, the sheer amount of chances we've created are testament to that.
I hope it doesn't spark some sort of revolution amongst the players as it's fair to say that the majority of them liked him and playing for him.
He'll be missed massively, not only by Chelsea fans for helping bring us the most success and best days we've ever had, but also by other fans who realise the colour he's brought to English football and how he's helped raise the standards of the PL.
I've no idea who'll replace him long term but it'll be a very hard act to follow that's for sure.
Cheers for everything JM it's been brilliant on and off the pitch.
Flying high:)

Soldato
Im sorry but i dont agree with everyone saying Mourinho raised the standards of the PL, i've seen this comment in a couple of places... it was abramovichs money that raised that bar, mourinho was simply along for the ride.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
a classic example of the board/chairman interfering in playing matters...deciding which players to buy then insisting the manager plays them even though they screw up his team

the next manager is going to have exactly the same problem now..how many of these potential managers are going to come along if they know the chairman might buy some players then tell the manager he has to play them?

things started to go downhill when he got the outside interference and I hope he has told them to **** off

sack Mike Baldwin and put Jose in charge of England!

I hope chelsea crash and burn after this as its the only way they will learn

absolute madness to sack a manager with the record he has

Last edited:
Soldato
a classic example of the board/chairman interfering in playing matters...deciding which players to buy then insisting the manager plays them even though they screw up his team

the next manager is going to have exactly the same problem now

things started to go downhill when he got the outside interference and I hope he has told them to **** off

sack Mike Baldwin and put Jose in charge of England!

I hope chelsea crash and burn after this as its the only way they will learn

absolute madness to sack a manager with the record he has

As a Man Utd fan I find that a little harsh. Its not Chelsea's fault, if anyone is to blame its probably Roman.

Chelsea is a club just like Man Utd or Liverpool. It is made up of a stadium, management, fans and players. Saying its all thier fault is wrong. The fans didnt have a say in what Roman did. RA owned the club and felt he could do with it what ever he wanted and that included making desicions that only the team manager should make.

Dont blame the fans.:)

I feel sorry for Jose and the fans.

Back
Top Bottom