Football **Spoilers** 22/23 September

Soldato
Not sure about that sending off. Seemed harsh for me. It was a bad challenge but it wasn't high or anything. A yellow was definitely deserved for it but a red card? Not for me. Mikel can feel pretty badly done too as far as I'm concerned.

Soldato
first off ridiculous red card, possibly a yellow but only possibly. secondly TEVEZ!!!! awesome cross from giggs as well!

a draw will be a great result for chelsea!

Soldato
OP
Red card could have gone either way. Studs showing, missed the ball, could have resulted in Evra breaking an ankle/foot. Then again you could say it wasn't high enough but how high do you need to be? Is it only a red card if he catches his leg? Good decision for me :)

Caporegime
Amazed at people complaining about the Red Card... Wasn't aware you could steam in 2 footed into someone and only warrant a booking... :rolleyes:

Andy Gray is on my **** now. He says 'a booking from behind should warrent a yellow card' for Giggs' tackle, yet J. Cole's on Evra in the box would have been 'a harsh penalty'.
Especially odd considering Cole's was a tackle from behind and Giggs' was from the side. Muppet.

Giggs has been outstanding today, as have Tevez, Vidic and Evra. Hopefully they keep it up :).

Soldato
Its a two footed challenge people have been sent off for them before, namely Ronaldo, Scholes, Febregas to name but three.

Caporegime
Once again you have to give kudos to SAF and his 12-man team, Old Trafford is a real fortress when the big teams are in town. :p

Associate
clear penalty :s
and a clear red card. evra not suffering a break is pure luck.
i expect jamie R to be bias (which he is) but andy grey has been disappointing :mad:

Caporegime
Chelsea are lucky not to be 2-0 down. I thought United should've had a penalty because Cole took the man before getting the ball.

On another note, it's nice to see Shevchenko thriving without the pressure of Mourinho on his shoulders. His touch, workrate and finishing have been first rate. Where are all the doubters now?

Associate
his work rates been good. the rest has been 50/50 at best.
besides, he's still not scored.
going to take more than that to convince me the guy can even run let alone justify £30M price tag

Permabanned
That's the fifth goal in a row for United that was headed in (although that includes the Nani/Tevaz goal against Spurs).

Wonder if they'll score more than one today.

Back
Top Bottom