Sick days

Soldato
I pride myself on taking sick days only when I am sick as I personally cannot do with lying etc as I would stress about what my manager was thinking about my non attendance. But on the other hand if I am ill (very rare) I would not come in.

Whats your job attendence like?

I am in a client servicing role and have taken about 2 days off in the past year.

Soldato
About 12 weeks off

4 due to popped out knee cap
5 due to van crash/pain/etc
3 due to pulled back

None of its faked but I could have gone back earlier with my back but didnt want to risk it, thats also over 4 years

Man of Honour
6 days, since I was 18.

All of them in my "new"(2 years almost) job, If I got the runs I ain't going to work. Not as if there's any toilets in the middle of no where.
5 days was food poisoning, one day was the flu.

Soldato
I have worked at Morrisons for 7 years and only had 4 days off actually sick. However I have had off in the region of 5 days for personal problems/issues during that 7 year period.

Most staff at M have at least 3 sickies a month...:rolleyes:

Soldato
None in the last 7 years... I haven't really been that ill - have had the odd cold but that's not worth taking time off for... if I was ill I would take it off but I can't understand people who think that sick days are some sort of holiday entitlement...

Soldato
Been in my job 9 years, and apart from a week off when I had an operation and maybe 2 days being ill, (when I was actually sent home after going into work when I probably shouldnt have) thats pretty much it. I will keep going even when I probably shouldnt.

Probably because i'd feel guilty due to the child I look after not being able to go to school unless I am there, and hes adores school so i'd feel bad if he missed it due to me.

Man of Honour
I think lots of people really take the mick with sick days. It's one reason why I don't have a problem with employers stamping down on it, it's amazing how the threat of not getting paid can make people miraculously feel better.

At my old job sick pay was abolished, in my current one they have a system whereby in a rolling 12-month period you are allowed up to 8 days, or 3 seperate occurrences of sickness, whichever comes soonest.

At the end of the day, if someone is frequently off sick then regardless of whether it is genuine illness or not, it's not good for the company. Harsh but true.

Man of Honour
I'm surprised how many of us, have few sick dyas off. 6% of are work force is of at any one time :eek:. Must cost loads. But then the company is stupid, run by higher managment who don't know the business or what happens on the ground.

Bloody stupid ex army people getting all the jobs.

Caporegime
9 years working and 15 days sick. What annoys me is that you know for a fact that your employer looks at your sickness record and uses it to determine your performance rating, everyone knows this, so people come in when they're clearly not well enough, meaning more people get sick. Productivity really suffers when you have an office full of sick people, but who cares if a spreadsheet says you only had 1 day sick in the last 12 months? :mad:

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
I took 2 days off this week as I felt too ill to go in, then drove into work on the Wednesday and got sent home and told not to come back till friday at the earliest because I looked so ill and couldn't walk straight.
In my previous job though, excluding when I first started (on my 3rd day working at CPW I came down with gastric flu and wasn't in work for the next two weeks as I'd never been so ill in my life and could hardly walk or be more than 5ft from a toilet most of the time :p), I only took 2 days off.
One of those days was because I'd gone to the doctor's that morning and they told me to go to A&E immediately as the painful large 'bruise' I had on my leg turned out to be an abscess and they were worried it was about to burst at any time.

I hate taking sick days, I always feel guilty even if I hate the job.

Soldato
1 day in 4 years I think. Had a couple of off days when I've worked from home and taken it easy, but only once have I been unable to do anything.

Never felt bad about it, because I was ill.

Back
Top Bottom