Old hardware

Associate
What do you guys do with all your old hardware once you upgrade your new rigs? I see a lot of people upgrade almost yearly so I was just wondering what happens to your perfectly working stuff.

Permabanned
the spare stuff goes into my second machine, and the stuff out of that machine goes into a big bag under my bed.

I have stuff under there thats like 7 years old. (gigabyte board for the age old thunderbird athlons, Abit NF7-S2, Athlon XP 2700+, Geforce TI4400, 512mb DDR3200) to name a few of the random parts I have lying around

Last edited:
Soldato
the bay have a few shops with cheap posting supplies.

not that i post owt - lost too much money thanks to careless couriers and dont even get me started on royal fail.

so i just let people come pick it up :) which isn't realistic for most people and small things but for larger stuff and a good price you'll find someone willing to come collect.

Although if your tight and over value all your stuff you cant do that and you will have to post it :p

Excuse my ignorance, what's MM?

its a lot of time and posts away so dont worry ;)

Associate
goes into my dads pc

then when he is finished with it if its still of use for a back up it will get stored i think ive got a full system of parts stored away :)

Associate
collect it all together until I have enough bits to build a whole system out of the old parts and then donate it to somewhere like local library, primary school, old folks home, family whose house burned down, mates kid etc.

Back
Top Bottom