• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

They are Here

Soldato
They are between 0-15% slower than GT's at stock clock.

They are however 0-25% quicker than GTS (320's) stock for stock.

All depends at what rez and which game of course. :)

So for me an existing GTS320 user either the 3870 or 8800GT would be a good upgrade, especially as both seem to clock well.

J.D

J.D

Soldato
so are these better than the 8800GTs or not or is it simply a case of fanboi against fanboi.

Oh and I'm not an OCUK fanboi but come on where can you get better service than here?

They are a bit slower but cooler, quieter and draws less power.

Would a "HIS ATI Radeon HD 3870 XT" be faster than a ATI X1900XT? What other £150 is a better option?

Considerably but not in all titles (can't remember which ones though but there's not many).

Soldato
Would a "HIS ATI Radeon HD 3870 XT" be faster than a ATI X1900XT? What other £150 is a better option?

check out the AnandTech review

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3151&p=11

They are considerably better more so when you consider they run DX10 compared to DX9.

I have a 7600GT which can only run COD2 in DX7 so an upgrade for me would mean playable games in DX9 and some playability for new games in DX10.

Last edited:
Associate
"The difference is negligible, but when you include the fact that the 8800 GT is faster, the Radeon HD 3870 actually has worse performance-per-watt than the competition"

i wouldnt go for the radeons based upon Wattage just yet...

They have a considerable advantage on wattage usage while idle though which is great for me as my comp is on a lot of the time when I'm not gaming.

Associate
Hi Chaps

What's the cut off time for ordering? I've only just managed to order one now at 2:30, will I still manage to get it before the weekend?

OcUK Staff
Hi there

OK sold well over another 100+ since I booked in that stock, think these will be sold out by end of day.

Not had an ATI launch this positive for a long time. :)

Soldato
Uh oh - if I've ordered today for saturday delivery, it won't be out of stock will it? I'm assuming first-come first-served allocation

Back
Top Bottom