Replacement Antec P182 fans

Associate
Can anyone recommend some fans to replace the ones in the antec p182. The ones that come with it are too loud on anything but low. But they dont shift much air when on low. Any way i could use the fan controls built into the case too by any chance?

Thanks

Aod

Aod

Soldato
Can anyone recommend some fans to replace the ones in the antec p182. The ones that come with it are too loud on anything but low. But they dont shift much air when on low. Any way i could use the fan controls built into the case too by any chance?

Thanks

i'm fairly sure that the fan controllers built into the case are actually built into the fans.

Associate
OP
Yes thats what i thought. Was thinking if they could be wired up somehow. What about these? are these any good?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-005-SY

If they cant be wired in is there an good controller i can use that supports 3 fans. I dont really want a bay one though. I am also thinking of scrapping my reserator+1, as it doesnt seem to perform as well as it used to. But that could be to do with the flow of air with the antec fans also.

What do people rate for Cpu coolers? It will be used with a 4400x2 939. Would it be the sythes of some sort.

Soldato
check your motherboard for onboard fan controllers, if your not sure what amps/watts they can take read the manual :) but for instance an Asus P5K-E on board controllers are rated at 2amps / 24 watts with a max 84 watt load across the board. Which should be plenty for standard fans

Soldato
hmm well I no the P5K-E comes with built in speed control for the chassis fans, I do think that board has a version of QFan which would control the speeds based on system temp / load.. You can set profiles depending on if you want performance or silence

Associate
my abit 9w max board, has in built fan controls for up to 6 fans soo mine are all onboard controlled. just have to make sure fan you get is a 3 wire one for onboard control

Back
Top Bottom