M5 been shunted - advice pls (& pics of deformed french rubbish)

Permabanned
Man of Honour
my only point is that......your saying IF its in for a month thats a months M5 driving you wont have and £750 down the drain,..correct fair enough...but if you have 50k + to spend on a car one months payment is gonna do bugger all to your pocket!!!....theres people with life threatening illnesses and here we are .....worried about having to do without an M5 for a couple - few weeks.....which probably wont even happen.....it seems all BMW owners buy BMWs for one thing....

lol

When you one day own a very expensive car like his you might understand I guess.

Soldato
my only point is that......your saying IF its in for a month thats a months M5 driving you wont have and £750 down the drain,..correct fair enough...but if you have 50k + to spend on a car one months payment is gonna do bugger all to your pocket!!!....theres people with life threatening illnesses and here we are .....worried about having to do without an M5 for a couple - few weeks.....which probably wont even happen.....it seems all BMW owners buy BMWs for one thing....

If he spent £50k+ of his hard-earned on the car he should have the right to drive a £50k+ car as it wasn't his fault. End of. It doesn't matter whether it's finance or own cash - the OP shoulkd not be disadvantaged because of someone elses lack of driving skill. The OP has chosen to drive an M5 for a reason - he knows what he likes and has forked out the wedge for it. I take it you don't drive/drive a corsa/saxo/ka with a small engine???

Permabanned

:rolleyes:

You Mother Teresa?

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;10621270 said:
lol

When you one day own a very expensive car like his you might understand I guess.

being the age i am (21) and owning the car i own (RX8) i think im doing pretty bloody well.....

sure the OP has worked hard for the money for the car .....but its pathetic

Associate
TomO I used BMW themselves, once they'd established it's clear cut non-fault claim I had a brand new like for like sat on my drive only a few hours later. The lease was done through www.swiftprestigehire.com who have everything from 1 series through to Lambos so an M5 shouldn't be a problem.

Soldato
Yes, possibly the part of your education where you learned to use an example to illustrate a point.

Silly example to use in any case, no way in a million years would he be put out by a Corsa. Would be an outrage, Help Hire will sort him out like for like. :)

I do see the point Fox was trying to make though :), I was fuming when offered a Ka for my hire. :p

Man of Honour
being the age i am (21) and owning the car i own (RX8) i think im doing pretty bloody well.....

So if I came along whilst you were stationary at traffic lights and samcked into your car, and it got taken away from you for ages, you had to drive around in a 1.0 Corsa for weeks whilst you still paid a fortune for your insurance, you still paid for your finance, etc etc, you'd be happy with that?

Permabanned
Silly example to use in any case, no way in a million years will he be put out by a Corsa. Would be an outrage, Help Hire will sort him out like for like. :)

How is it a silly example?

The guy was saying why bother getting like for like, instead just use whatever the IC give you, which more often than not would be a Corsa or similar car.

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;10621362 said:
So if I came along whilst you were stationary at traffic lights and samcked into your car, and it got taken away from you for ages, you had to drive around in a 1.0 Corsa for weeks whilst you still paid a fortune for your insurance, you still paid for your finance, etc etc, you'd be happy with that?

i had too !!!! read my post earlier

Associate
That is a beautiful car. Looks like there's a reason for the E60 sport & M version having such a huge ass :eek:
Incidents like that remind me of why I'm glad to be in a big car every day of my driving life. If TomO was in a Ka the other driver would probably be in for death by dangerous driving. Well maybe not quite you get my point at least :p

Hope you get it sorted quickly. It's not all about the money that so many are discussing here, it's just the sheer inconvenience and hassle of getting the thing resolved, swapping cars and being without your beloved for the whole time.

Soldato
I think you should be careful what you type divine and remove your head from your rear, that cancer comment was completely inappropriate and I personally found it offensive having lost a family member to it.

Back
Top Bottom