photo help 48x48

Permabanned
Hello

I have a picture id like blowing up to around 4ft x4ft (48"x48") and was wondering whats the best way of doing this, or who would be the best to go to, im in York and tbh not really sure of anyone who could do this....Here is the pic...............

:)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Well, you may have a slight issue for two reasons here.

That picture would give you a resolution of 12.5 pixels per inch at 48"x48". This will look exceptionally bad unless you primarily view it from over 20 metres away.

Secondly, you don't own the copyright to that image, or any kind of license, so printing it would be, technically, illegal. Due to this, no decent print house will print it for you anyway.

edit - well, Illegal is the wrong word, it would be a civil offence but the ultimate point remains, any reputable printing agent won't print it without the proper permissions from the copyright holder.

Last edited:
Permabanned
As said. To get a decent size photo. You would need a far far higher res photo than that.

7200x7200 would be about the lowest i'd go, assuming the usage is personal (ie. on a wall in a house.)

Unfortunately, I don't think a 51.84MP version of that picture is going to be too forthcoming, so rasterbation is about the only really viable option.

Permabanned
hi, actually found a better pic....res of 2349 x 2373 would this be any better for him....and rasterbating?? what on earth is that and how do you do that???

Last edited:
Permabanned
That would be about 65ppi at 36"x36" which is still pretty poor.

You want to aim for around 150ppi on a large print, 300ppi for stuff under A3.

Rasterbating is turning the image into one made of lots of dots spread over lots of pieces of A4 paper.

Back
Top Bottom