Silly things you remember..

Soldato
I've been thinking the past few days the stupid things you remember every day.. I work in a call centre that the Police out-source their recoveries to, and we have a phone system that you can either use the phone book or in my case use speed dials... and I just realised I use the speed dials (A combination of numbers starting from 80000) as well when the supervisor asks me about a job I can recall numberplates from hours ago..

What sily things do you remember?

Soldato
I have an uncanny knack for remebering completely useless information that serves no real purpose. For example, I vividly remember a completely mundane conversation i once had with my aunt over the phone when i was 13. Nothing noteworthy happened to make it memorable.

On the flip side, i have absolutely no memory for things that might be of use. I was just tying to remember why i was supposed to go into the town at lunchtime with the money I withdrew this morning.

Soldato
Car registration numbers.

I know all the plates in my family. I know the plates of all my friends....I know the plates of one of my friends previous three cars. I have no idea why, they seem amazed (and slightly disturbed :D) that I can reel off their numberplates with ease. I dont know why, I guess it's just something I notice when I see a car.

Soldato
My memory is just not working, you can have a chat with me for noodles (for example) and then find me asking you about noodles the next day. :(

I have a great character that makes it up for that, though :p

Suspended
A few silly things from school. Like i can remember a whole song about ice creams in french. But not remember anything else in french.
Games and sounds/music from Amiga gaming days when i was aged 7-12. Like the exact noise it made in the program 'Say' what you wrote the following
'qwertyuiop[]asdfghjkl;'#zxcvbnm,./'

(said in a stephen hawkin type voice)

Cant remember much that is actually useful

Soldato
My memory is absolutly terrible and at 30 it's a bit worrying tbh.

For instance: I can be sat watching the telly in the living room, I'll get up to go to the bog, go upstairs and into our bedroom, get a book and then go straight back downstairs, and sit back down and start reading, 5 minutes later I remember that I needed the loo:mad:

However I can recall complete conversations I had as a child, going back when I was about 5:confused::rolleyes:

Associate
I can remember how to get to places, even if been there once. When I was a little kid, the family went on holiday to Poole, and I was telling my mate that I could get to the same camp site again without looking at any maps. He didn't believe me, so we took a drive down there. Let's just say we didn't get lost once and we arrived and got back in one piece.

Suspended
For instance: I can be sat watching the telly in the living room, I'll get up to go to the bog, go upstairs and into our bedroom, get a book and then go straight back downstairs, and sit back down and start reading, 5 minutes later I remember that I needed the loo:mad:

A lot of people seem to have a very poor short term memory. One of my mates would go shopping and put things in the trolley, then a minute later would have to look through all the stuff again to make sure he had put it in.
He would do this with quite a few of the items.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I have a pretty photography memory, not rain-man style but once I see it I'll find it stays for a while.

For example I could tell you the serial number of any of the Vista installs I did yesterday and I've literally seen them once... it'll be gone tomorrow though probably.

I find I have a good memory.. it's just short :)

Associate
Car registration numbers.

I know all the plates in my family. I know the plates of all my friends....I know the plates of one of my friends previous three cars. I have no idea why, they seem amazed (and slightly disturbed :D) that I can reel off their numberplates with ease. I dont know why, I guess it's just something I notice when I see a car.

I went to Scotland for 9 days over the new years, and the thing which seemed to play with my mind is the fact that the numberplates have the numbers first followed by 3 letters. Different to the norm where in Northern Ireland it's generally 3 letters followed by numbers. It really drove me crazy just thinking it's not right and hoping to see a 'normal' plate in Scotland.

Don't even remind me about when I first moved to Dublin - the plates drove me nuts for about a month before I got used to them being completely different...

Okay. I'm weird.

Soldato
I can remember how to get to places, even if been there once. When I was a little kid, the family went on holiday to Poole, and I was telling my mate that I could get to the same camp site again without looking at any maps. He didn't believe me, so we took a drive down there. Let's just say we didn't get lost once and we arrived and got back in one piece.

Im apparently good at this too.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
I have a really bad memory for birthdays and even remembering what I did last week is hard but for some reason I can remember the lyrics to every song I have ever heard...

It does my head in to be honest as I would rather have a memory that works normally than one that has a novelty specialty!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom