Twins separated at birth end up getting married

Soldato
Yeah, I agree. In for a penny, in for a pound. They'd already married, so what's the point of trying to undo something after it's too late?

I think if it were me, I would want to continue as man & wife and the two of us just try to get over the revelation. Hopefully my sister would still covet my body. :D
After reading that I really hope you haven't got a sister. :eek:

Soldato
I don't know why but I don't find this disturbing at all..and no I don't have a sister, I wish I had a sister though.

Man of Honour
After reading that I really hope you haven't got a sister. :eek:

I don't, but if I did and I knew she were my sister, I wouldn't even consider the possibility! I just mean that if I met someone and married her, then subsequently found out we were brother & sister, I think it would be better to continue our lives as a couple, to just try to adapt to the knowledge as one would some other disastrous news without it changing us.

Caporegime
It's a bit fishy that they only found out after their wedding. Perhaps they already knew and somebody was going to shop them? Not saying it's true, but...

Remember that woman who found out her husband was also a woman after 18 years of marriage? Still cracks me up :p

Caporegime
I garantee this thread would have been totally different if the story read:

"A pair of twins who were separated at birth got a civil partnership without knowing they were sisters.."

Man of Honour
We were discussing this in the office when I asked one of the lads, "So, if you found out your wife was actually your sister, would you still, you know, doink her?" to which he replied, "Why not, it's not like I've grown up with her!". :eek:

Anyone else feel the same way?
Yes.

Consensual incest between adults is only a real problem if they have children (and not always even then). Otherwise, it's just prevailing prejudice that creates a stigma. That can change.

EDIT: To clarify my position - I don't have any objection to it even if the people knew their genetic relationship beforehand, even if they have grown up together, as long as the possible problem with children is avoided. Consensual relationships between other adults are their business, not mine.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its definately weird but weather its that bad or not im not sure

Exactly what I thought reading that story, not saying whether it is right or wrong, but it is a completely different situation to a brother and sister who actually grew up together.

It's quite sad to think that they have been forced to separate, they probably still see each other as just another person, rather than a sibling.

Scort.

Associate
Interesting point Viper. My first thought to that was "that's different", but ultimately it isn't really, especially since the age gap between some couples is enough for them to be related in that way.

Back
Top Bottom