Mantra Mediditation Might As well Give It A Try

Associate
Was walking around my home town looking for a birthday prezzie for my girlfriend and some guy grabs my attention so i stop (he hasn't got any leaflets or clip boards how bad can this be) him and a few others posted around town are collecting money for a kids in India charity thing so i bung him a few quid and (i find it hard to say no to charity) we get chatting though about travelling and such. soon were on the topic of spirituality and relaxation and mediation and stuff. ive vaguely looked into stuff like this before im a (high strung over excitable caffeine addict it cant hurt) and he says he uses it to relax, get in touch with himself, self control and talks about the soul (im not one for believing in souls and such) he has a few free cd's booklets and mediation beads so i give him a few more quid (its for charity and he was trying to give me the stuff for free)

has any1 else tried this / do this sort of thing

i dont really think its for me (i have a very short attention span) just wondered what people thought of this kinda stuff

Permabanned
I started doing meditation about a year ago, to try and tackle workplace/life stress etc.

It's hard to do right, and takes a lot of practice, but is very relaxing when you 'get in the zone'.

When I started I bought a CD about buddhism and it had a couple of guided meditations at the end.

These days I don't do it so much, as I need at least an hour of undisturbed quiet to do it properly. I find it very frustrating to try to meditate with loads of distractions so I don't usually try now. :(

It's great when it works though, you get a really cool "floaty and peaceful" sensation which feels unbelieveably relaxing. :cool:

Man of Honour
If it stops you using brackets as a substitute for proper sentence structure then I reckon you should give it a shot.

He conned you by the way. They say it's free but guilt trip you into giving money. I was approached by one of these hippy cretins in Windsor who offered me a free book. I took the book and walked off despite his request for a donation.

He shouted after me and daubed me a selfish person but in more expletive terms. He was really in touch with himself.

Soldato
Hinduism isn't about scamming people into giving for a charity, although I don't see how giving a few quid for some poor people is bad..but anyway, if you are interested about it you can visit a temple and get to know about it more, have a look here there might be one close to you.

:)

Back
Top Bottom