• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Phenom-enal deal! AMD 9600 Black-Edition Phenom deal :)

Soldato
Other sources have quoted a couple of weeks.. if not it gives me longer to save up...;)

Good point.

I've still got my fingers crossed that they get their act together. If not, it will be back to Intel for me in 4/6 months time.

If interested in the source of my quote, then check PCadvisor's WEB site (http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=11825). Possibly a little more reliable than some of the articles you see floating about quoted.

Soldato
Still way too much .... i will never be temped by AMD ...

at this rate ... Intel will be king for an Everlasting eternity ....:D

Nothing to smile about, that would ruin the market for all eternity too. :p

I'd also like to see the Intel fanboys tell the difference between the AMD and Intel in real world terms, not just bench numbers. It should be about price point, unless you're just foolish - but perhaps that's my professional angle taking over.

Soldato
all i care about is the best performance i can get for my money. Intel will have my wallet as long as amd keep under achiving no matter how cheap they are i want the fastest, which to me is the best value.

Associate
I use a full 64 bit Audio engined Studio setup running anything upto 64 tracks at a time with large numbers of effect and instrument plugins. That's how I get my 4 cores loaded up, also why I had to buy 8GB RAM, kept running out of the stuff with 4GB.

Soldato
I use a full 64 bit Audio engined Studio setup running anything upto 64 tracks at a time with large numbers of effect and instrument plugins. That's how I get my 4 cores loaded up, also why I had to buy 8GB RAM, kept running out of the stuff with 4GB.

You're in the minority, I bet most people hardly push their quads at all. :)

I know for a fact side by side a dual core is as fast, I did a whole presentation on it at work when some exec decided he liked the sound of "increased productivity" from running quad core... how I rofl'ed at the time. Fair play to Intel for marketing that even dupes big wigs. ;)

Soldato
"Fair play to Intel for marketing that even dupes big wigs"

Happens all the time. In some respects, the higher management classes, are the easiest to dupe. I Could tell you some stories from my contracting days, that would have you laughing in the isles.

Back
Top Bottom