MPG Listings

Man of Honour

Hmmm, he got 80mpg driving at a constant 56mph on the flat. Very real world.

For a more real world indication of its economy:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/RoadTestsVerdict/Volkswagen-Polo-1.4-TDI-80-BlueMotion-2/229419/

First, while it is clearly very frugal, no owner is going to realise those headline-grabbing near 90mpg returns unless they drive impractically slowly. On our touring route, which is designed to extract the best possible fuel consumption while still driving in a real-world environment, the Polo gave just 51.8mpg – good, but not ground-breaking.

Man of Honour
Well thats last updated May 06..

Thanks anyway.

You are not going to find much better than that. There is no all-ecompasing list of every car ranked by MPG. You'll need to research the sector you are buying in to find that.

MPG isnt the biggest cost in motoring anyway so dont get too hung up about it.

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;10956729 said:
You are not going to find much better than that. There is no all-ecompasing list of every car ranked by MPG. You'll need to research the sector you are buying in to find that.

MPG isnt the biggest cost in motoring anyway so dont get too hung up about it.

Well it is from a company car point of view with no fuel card. Oh that and emissions.

I have the option to get a company car if I wish and am just doing the maths at the moment to see if its right for me.

The Mini Diesel looks attractive at the moment to keeps costs down..

Soldato
No one will ever get me in a 118d again, I hated every second I had to sit in the thing. Felt like stopping, flipping the bonnet and getting out to check whether it actually had an engine in their or just an armadillo and some loose bolts shaking around.

I've got a 320d es auto courtesy car next week which I am looking forward to driving about as much.

Back
Top Bottom