Short term car insurance for 17 year old?

Soldato
Hi, Ive got my test tomorow! :O quite nervous but its alright. And basically, if I pass im gonna go buy my car, and need to be insured for a day on it or a month. What company will do this as most seem to be 21+
Cheers

Soldato
Why not just find a good quote and keep the insurance? I personally don't know of any.

The usual alternative is to get any random policy and cancel within 14 days.

Soldato
I'm around your age (A bit older) with a provisional license and got a cheap quote with Quinn Direct. All I needed to do was add my dad as an additional driver and I got it down to 1k (Peugeot 206, 1.1, X-Plate, 5Dr).

Associate
It's not impossible my mate is 17 and he has been insured on his dads XC90 for a few weekends. I'm not quiet sure which company he was with but he got it done.

Soldato
Hi, Ive got my test tomorow! :O quite nervous but its alright. And basically, if I pass im gonna go buy my car, and need to be insured for a day on it or a month. What company will do this as most seem to be 21+
Cheers

Are you buying private or from a dealer? I've just been in the same position as you and I was stuck for ideas as none of the day insure companies would touch me because I'm only 18. Luckily, the dealer I bought from was part of the 'Driveaway' scheme which basically means you can get 7 days free insurance no matter your age.

http://www.nmg-uk.com/NMG/Customer-Services/Driveaway-Insurance

Back
Top Bottom