Charging for plastic bags...

Associate
I work for Marks, and in the south west we started charging 5p for the standard food plastic bag and all profit got to charity. Which in my mind i think is a pretty good thing.

But I could't believe some people are so stubborn and rude about the whole thing. There are poeople who just leave their shopping and left, swear at me when i tried to explain.. or some rather take 10 small bag (cos they are still free) rather then paying 5p or bring in their own bag...:mad:

What is wrong with these people? why is it so hard for them to use their own bag? what also gets me is why people have to seperate everything when they pack? is not like the items are put seperatly when in the trolley or basket anyway... Oh well, sorry for moaning, juts wondered is there some way I can tell them off without offending them? :D I tried to explaint plastic takes like 200 years to dissolve but doesnt seems to work...:(

Soldato
If they are offended by paying £0.05 for bags then they'll be offended what ever you say. Best thing is just smile at them and be overly polite. It really annoys people when they are in a mood.

"Have a nice day"
- "**** OFF!"

Good times. :D

Soldato
They would hate being here then. We have to pat 21 cents per plastic bag from Spar or Pick 'n Pay. If we don't pay, no bags lol. I think it's to try cut down on littering anyway. Sorry to go OT here.

Soldato
Works in Aldi and Lidl. I always take bags with me anyway when doing shopping, or fill my pockets up with whatever i have bought if possible. The worst thing in the world is those piddly little bags you get in boots which are just enough to wrap a box of 16 paracetamol in. Why? Just why?

Soldato
Works in Aldi and Lidl. I always take bags with me anyway when doing shopping, or fill my pockets up with whatever i have bought if possible. The worst thing in the world is those piddly little bags you get in boots which are just enough to wrap a box of 16 paracetamol in. Why? Just why?

Because the majority of things sold in boots fit in those small piddly bags? :p

I just bring a small backpack when I go shopping. Everything I buy goes in there nicely.

Permabanned
in all fairness, did your store even advertise they was going to start charging? or did they just spring it on them?

tbh I dont think that money is going to charity rofl. even more doubtful if its nationwide.

if I want to put money to charity, I will choose to. I bet they lost some custom lol. I would rather shop somewhere else than have to pay for that. its like mcdonalds charging 5p for ketchup, I'd rather go without. heck I'd rather buy a bag for life than 5p to charity.

Soldato
Interesting statistic i heard, that might make you think twice before you double bag those tubs of icecream:

Every single scrap of man made plastic (that is to say all of it) that has ever been created, is still in existance today.

The stuff simply does not bio-degrade. Its already worked intself deep into the oceanic eco-systems, how long before we see the effects in humans?

Soldato
Interesting statistic i heard, that might make you think twice before you double bag those tubs of icecream:

Every single scrap of man made plastic (that is to say all of it) that has ever been created, is still in existance today.

The stuff simply does not bio-degrade. Its already worked intself deep into the oceanic eco-systems, how long before we see the effects in humans?

Sorce to prove this? :eek:

Permabanned

tesco bags are bio degradeable :p

how do I know?

I work there :p

Soldato

I guess we're making stuff too well for their purpose nowadays :/

Soldato

Are you suggesting that my decendants (god help them :p) are going to crap plastic bags?

I readlly dont think that the amount of waste plastic will have any effect on humans directly, it'd be more the processes involved in production that will affect our species.

Back
Top Bottom