• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is it worth upgrading a E6420 now?

Associate
Currently got an E6420 running at 3ghz, and have the option of putting my 6420 in another machine and going for a new CPU. The Q6600 looks like the most worthwhile upgrade without spending silly money, but will I get much more out of it, considering I don't do any video encoding (I will be playing a fair amount of games though). Is the cheapest yorkfield quad much more of an upgrade from the Q6600, as I've heard they don't clock as well?Thanks

Soldato
at 3GHz ,your cpu will be fine personally i say unless you need the extra processing power a quad can provide in multithreaded apps or someone is buying you a new cpu, dont bother.

C64

C64

Soldato
No, still got my 6420 @3.4 ghz which is fine only upgrade it when it's holding you back which will probably be at least a year away gaming wise.Remember these will probably do 3.4-3.6 ghz under a decent cooler.

Back
Top Bottom