MGS4 online beta thread

Associate
Just been playing for last couple hours.. really enjoying it so far controls seem decent changing weapon quickly can be abit fiddly though (sure i'll learn). If i manage to play with any of you be sure to knife me in the back wont ya ;)

Soldato
How are ppl able to play, ive just tried and i am still getting the 'unable to connect to server 090B:00000001 ' do i need to open a port or something on my router, using a netgear DG834G v3, like i was able to dl the patches no problem.

Soldato
Had a quick couple of games!

Seems alright, i find it a bit harsh on the eyes though. The controls seem a bit hard to start with. Much different from MGS3.

Josh

Soldato
Auto-aim must be so broken, it doesn't even work despite standing right in front of the enemy.

I usually find aiming at them first with the manual aim (square) then going to auto aim once you are looking at them, seems to lock on really quick then!

Hope that helps,

Josh

Associate
Thinking mans? :confused:

It's just run and gun?!

Josh

You can run and gun at the start, but it pays to move around slowly with a few guys and fire shots at enemies rather than empty the entire mag.

What I want to do is play in a team with voice chat and make use of SOP properly. I think it'll be pretty awesome.

Soldato
I'm really enjoying it, graphics are decent & runs nice and smooth :) Hope there is some bigger levels in the final game.

Also does anyone know if you can heal yourself during a round and why can't i slit people throats? i can only choke them out :\

Soldato
Have just been playing a few games with randomers. Very disappointed with the lag (I estimate 15-40 FPS); the graphics are alright. As for the gameplay - it's slower paced than other shooters, and really does need a sprint button imo! Not sure what I think yet - I'll have to play with OCukers at some point :D

Auto-aim must be so broken, it doesn't even work despite standing right in front of the enemy.
Have you enabled it (auto-aim) by pressing square?

Soldato
Tried everything i can think off and still uanble to connect, come to the conclusion ethier that the servers are back down or there is something wrong with my connection, but since im able to connect to other games thru my ps3 i doubt its that.

Back
Top Bottom