MGS4 online beta thread

Associate
Sorry if missed it anyone know how many maps will be in the retail? Im still really enjoying this it actually got me off of GTA 4 for abit today i was craving for a game of MGO so had to be done :D

Soldato
Sorry if missed it anyone know how many maps will be in the retail? Im still really enjoying this it actually got me off of GTA 4 for abit today i was craving for a game of MGO so had to be done :D

MGO will come with MGS4 as a 'starter pack' and will have 5 maps to begin with. More content added via priced DLC. The cynic in me will tell you that they have made all the content already but just want a couple more greenbacks from you.

Associate
All my gaming time this past week has been spent playing GTA IV

/hangs head in shame

Important question though: does anyone know if levels / skills will be retained from the Beta or wiped prior to MGS4 release ?

Soldato
I would say wiped, as per the norm for betas. Due to the beta's short timeframe Konami may have increased the speed at which skills level up so that players can access the entire thing and try it out, etc.

Soldato
What? :eek: The level up time seemed pretty darn long to me!

Two days to get your skills to level 3, not that long at all. It's like the CoD4 beta and crackdown demo, artificially reduced levelling/skill levelling to get more of the game's featureset tested. It's almost guaranteed that the final release of MGO's skillsets will take much much longer to level up.

Soldato
well I must suck or something, because I've played a total of 18 hours and only my CQC has levelled up. Although I have been swapping my skills around a bit.

Back
Top Bottom