Vista SP1 troubles.

-K-

-K-

Permabanned
Hi there, I re-installed vista and downloaded the standalone SP1 from microsoft's website.

And the standalone installer isn't working. So any ideas?

And is there a website that shows a list of hotfix for vista to stabilize system/gaming. I lost most of it.

-K-

-K-

Permabanned
OP
It says some kind of internal error and can't read 0080XDC or something forgot the long error code.

Associate
Windows update doesn't show SP1... I tried refreshing it multiple times, same result...
Wasn't showing for me either, until last night when I disabled my X-Fi soundcard in Device Manager - apparently you won't be offered SP1 through Windows Update until Creative fix their current drivers :rolleyes:

After SP1 finished installing, the soundcard was re-enabled and worked fine.

-K-

-K-

Permabanned
OP
I will try that later

Tried disabling the sound card, still doesn't show in windows update.

I'm gonna try redownloading the SP1 standalone again.

Last edited:
Associate
Are there other updates showing in update manger?

I've tried vista in a virtual machine and had to download quite a few updates then check for more updates, download the 1 or 2 new updates till eventually sp1 showed.

DAS

DAS

Associate
Wasn't showing for me either, until last night when I disabled my X-Fi soundcard in Device Manager - apparently you won't be offered SP1 through Windows Update until Creative fix their current drivers :rolleyes:

After SP1 finished installing, the soundcard was re-enabled and worked fine.

That will explain why I had to download the standalone version. The MS website says SP1 may not be visisble if you have Audigy drivers but doesn't say anything about X-Fi.

Back
Top Bottom