Discharged Bankrupts - Improving credit......

Soldato
My partner is a discharged bankruptee from over 2 years ago. Has had a impeccable financial records since then

From the thisismoney website it says within a year of good money keeping your rating will be back at health level..One of there other tips is to get a store card. She tried for a argos one and was denied........erm and she doesnt want to keep applying as that damaged your rating as well..

Are mobile contracts easier to get than credit cards?

If so which network?

Yet even now she cannot get a vanquis card which even cater for bad credit people.....

No she isnt getting a card to start being silly with merely to improve her credit rating.

Is there any definative way to improve your credit which is fact rather than hear say.

Before people come along on there high horses, she has been in a marriage for 16 years and her partner left her with a load of debt at the house she was in...Shes stilll paying off some of his other debts but they are by mutual arrangement and nothing like ccj etc etc.....I think her only mistake was being very naive.

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
yes she is a dischaged bunkrupt and was discharged early as the courts saw she had done everything she could...\
She actually went to the banks to begin with and none of them wanted to know and just kept charging and charging which was her downfall...

I believe the bankrupt black mark stays for 6 years yes.......but dont understand what it means if its on your record but your discharged..

Soldato
Once you are discharged your credit record is effectively wiped clean, as in your have none. It's back to paying the bills on time, etc to to build things up again.

Soldato
The easier way to obtain a credit rating again would be to open a Catalogue account.

Although I would not reccommend applying for anything else until at least 3 months after the the 1st payment.

Back
Top Bottom