Logitech G15 media buttons

Soldato
Yeah - Windows Media Player Ver.9+ I believe.
Edit: Oh you need help .. have you tried reinstalling the software? Then right click the icon 'Logitech GamePanel Manager' in the bottom right .. go to programs option .. click configure .. then make sure WMP is ticked.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Make sure the plug in is enabled in wmp, cant remember the exact route to enable but i it is fairly easy to find.

~Slash

I can't find anything in WMP to do with the G15 keyboard :confused:

In the gamepanel menu thing, the WMP box is checked as well :confused:

Latest drivers installed as well....

Help meh!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
have you tried the drivers on logitechs website? they got updated a few months back?

Yep

Go to Start -> Run and type "services.msc"
in the list that comes up, make sure "HID input service" is running, and set to Automatic.

It is set as automatic, but when I tried to start it, it says "Error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.

:confused:

Permabanned
a quick google search came up with this. Give it a try:

If you receive the errror "Could not start the HID Input Service service on Local Computer. Error 2:the system cannot find the file specified." The try the following fix. This involves editing the registry, so please back it up before attempting to make changes.

Solution:
1. "Start", then "Run"
2. Type "regedit" without the quotes, click "OK"
3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidServ\Parameters
4. In the right pane, right-click in the blank area and select "New" and "Expandable String Value"
5. Name the value "ServiceDll" without the quotes. Note: it is spelled S E R V I C E D L L
6. Double-click the new entry and enter "%SystemRoot%\System32\hidserv.dll" without quotes as its value
7. Click OK, and close the registry window
8. You should now be able to start the "HID Input Service"

Associate
Thought i'd chip in as someone else reading this might have the same problem (search for g15 etc can bring you here)

I lost the use of my mute button on my G15 a few days ago

Mine was fixed by checking what Andeh said :)

Thing is unless i read wrong i followed black viper's instructions for "Safe" in his Vista OS guide (noticed a few of his "Safe" options have been changed it seems)

Hope you sort it

Ciao

Def

Back
Top Bottom