Revolving dynamic skyscraper!!

Soldato
Well, its certainly very avant-garde in terms of something like this has never been unveiled before. As for practical application over form, remains to be seen...

Make a nice addition to the rapidly growing Dubai skyline.... I do however like it, it looks very cool.

Caporegime
KaHn

/edit: Also i can think of another building which used a central access point, the world trade centers used a concept like this and that added to how it fell iirc.

yes it's design was the main reason unlike any other tower it fell in on it's self, which probbably saved thousands of lives in the buildings around it.

Caporegime
What a waste of money and resources. Still, looks cool.

but it's not a waste, the money goes to builders etc who then spend it on other things and so on and so on, it's a massive boost to the economy.

Besides what else are they going to do with their trillions of dollars :p

Soldato
Actually KaHn he's not far wrong. Dubai have hardly any oil, and it contributes to something like 5% of the emirates total economy. Prince Mo, and his father before him, were adamant that tourism was the way forward, and have invested huge sums of their own wealth to push forward the idea that Dubai is a world leading state. Since then, the sports functions and real estate have flourished, with house prices rising around 150% in the last 2 years alone (my sister has made a lot of money from this. She's currently up 70% on a house that hasnt even finished being built yet. lucky cow). I dont know what prices the commerce sites are worth but with huge companies like Coca Cola, IBM and Cisco investing in land, i can only imagine that those prices are rising too.

It's run entirely by one family, and they're very clever with how they're doing it.

Soldato
Don't see why not. I'd imagine all the floors will rotate relative to each other anyway, so it could be like

Code:
------------------------/  /---------------------
-----------------------/  /----------------------
----------------------/  /-----------------------
---------------------/  /------------------------

Hard to explain in code. I mean is one floor going to be revolving faster than the one above it? Or will the be timed? If timed, then they could run like flexible pipework. If its random, then the denter would be fine im sure.

You could shup it down in the elevator to save on costs.

Back
Top Bottom