Promotional Xbox Live Points

Soldato
This is an informational post for Xbox 360 users and NOT a post for PSN people to shout in. All posts of a fan boy nature will be reported to the Mod's to be removed!

On reading the thread about the release of the 360 DRM tool, I logged into my Xbox.com account online to take a look around. From there I browsed my Microsoft billing account (keeps records of all Xbox Live purchases etc. - https://billing.microsoft.com/home.aspx) and discovered I had 500 Xbox Live points about to expire.

Those of us who pre-ordered GTA IV from certain retailers were given a bonus of either 500 or 1000 points (depending on the retailer). These promotional points will expire 30 days from the date of being claimed.

If you haven't registered your GTA promotional points then I would hazard a guess that they won't start counting down until you do. If you have registered the points and haven't spent them then check your billing account now to find out https://billing.microsoft.com/home.aspx

**Edit**
From the Billing FAQ Re points:

Q - When do my Microsoft Points expire?

A - Purchased points don't expire. Any points you get through promotions can have expiration dates. Typically, points expire within thirty days of the date you get them. To view any points in your account that have expiration dates, go to the Billing and Account Management page, sign in with your Windows Live ID, and then click Microsoft Points under Stored Credits. If you have points that are expiring in the next thirty days, you can click View expiring points to view the points and their expiration dates.

Note

You can only see points that are expiring in the next 30 days.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's really annoying. I assumed the points were to go towards the DLC which isn't going to come out for a long time....

sigh. Luckily I haven't added them yet.

Associate
When I had my points refunded on my old Xbox 360 that was replaced they expired after about a year when they told me on the phone it would be about 6 months. Didn't get any with GTA though.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the heads up im trying to spend my points now, just cant think what to get.

I take it you've registered yours then? Check the billing site and it will give you the date at which they are due to expire.

I registered my 500 on 4th May and they are due to expire 30th June.

My current points total is 1580 but if I were to buy something now would the value come out of the 500 bonus points or the 1080 purchased points?!? I will only ever find out by buying something and waiting until July.

Last edited:
Associate
I take it you've registered yours then? Check the billing site and it will give you the date at which they are due to expire.

I registered my 500 on 4th May and they are due to expire 30th June.

I registered mine on the 4th or 5th i think, i was going to save them (no idea what for:D), cant really find anything i would want to get. Thinking of a good arcade game maybe. I got 590 points atm.

Soldato
OP
mine expire tomorrow but my 360 got RROD and so i'm stuffed! its with UPS so not like i can do anything

anyway of righting this ?

Try calling the 0800 support number and see if you can get them re-credited OR recover you gamertag to a friend's 360 and purchase something on there box (note that any purchase will then be tied to the other 360 unless you do the DRM Licence transfer).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom