Large Widescreen Or Rear Projection

Soldato
I will soon be in the market for either of the above tv's, which one has the best picture and is most reliable?

I could go for a 36" widescreen or 42/44" rear projection, any advice.

Cheers,

BK

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
IMO having tried direct view, RP and FP i would go for a combination of direct view and FP.

Use the direct view CRT for normal TV and day to day background rubbish, then use the FP for movies, best combination as then you get a bright daytime screen (abeit small) and then have a decent sized image for the movies.

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Jez
IMO having tried direct view, RP and FP i would go for a combination of direct view and FP.

Use the direct view CRT for normal TV and day to day background rubbish, then use the FP for movies, best combination as then you get a bright daytime screen (abeit small) and then have a decent sized image for the movies.

Cheers Jez, could you put that in layman's terms.

Soldato
Originally posted by Big Kev
Cheers Jez, could you put that in layman's terms.

Jez means you want a normal basic tv (probably the one u have now?) Then a front projector and screen for a massive image to watch films on. Its the route im going 2.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Indeed (FP=front projection) :)

I use a little 28" TV for viewing sky digital and day to day stuff, then use the projector for movies and football matches on sky sports etc :) best way i reccon as its only movies and football that need a large screen really IMO

Soldato
Originally posted by Big Kev
I want to replace my rented 32" Sharp widescreen with either tv.

I need a tv than can cope with everyday viewing and my DTS home cinema.

Get a big Tosh CRT the top ones come with DD5.1 on board, i dont know about the very latest versions whether they come with DTS as well, but the picture quality on the Tosh CRT's is very good.

Back
Top Bottom