Hazro - Any Update?

Associate
Anyone got any updates on when the updated Hazro models are likely to be available on OCUK?

(Particularly interested in the 26" model)

Thanks muchly.

Soldato
No official update, but Hazro have been saying this month (July) would see the updated models released. I haven't heard anything for a while, so I would imagine that date still currently stands. It would take a little time for them to filter through to OcUK though as people who already have monitors that are going to be swapped out are at the front of the queue, or so I've been led to believe.

Associate
Just got an email:

Many thanks for showing interest in Hazro monitors. The revised HZ24W and HZ26W models will be launched in late July featuring HDMI and HDCP [along with all existing inputs]. These revised models will be available from Overclockers UK [www.overclockers.co.uk] from where all pricing enquiries can be made [we anticipate that this will be towards the end of July].

Hazro monitors are compatible with 100mm x 100mm stands by way of a bracket which is only available from Hazro. However, we are considering marketing the Professional Range monitors as NOT being VESA compatible due to the difficulty in re-attaching the stand after it has been removed [the stand must be removed for the VESA bracket to be attached; however, customers have highlighted that re-fixing the stand is tricky. Note that removing the stand is fairly straightforward. Further information on this will be available in due course on our website.

Soldato
Thx for the update, so we can expect fixed 2408 HC rev A01 and fixed Hazro 24" with Hmdi due in 3-4 weeks time?

Sounds like the impossible, wonder which is still the better option!

Soldato
Heard back, cannot go into too many details, but people currently affected by the issue will be sorted out first, then new sales will be dealt with. Still on for the 3/4 week in July.

Associate
Heard back, cannot go into too many details, but people currently affected by the issue will be sorted out first, then new sales will be dealt with. Still on for the 3/4 week in July.

Did they contact you. Or did you have to hassle them for a response.
I emailed them at the end of May. They Replied to that one saying it should be resolved by July. But that is the only respone Ive had from them.

Soldato
Emailed my contact friday, he got back to me monday. It helps I have a personal email address and not some info@ one though!

Remember, they're just the manufacturer now, doing no end-user support/sales (except for warranty obviously) so all requests should go through OcUK.

Associate
i rang (OC) to place an order for one on Monday and was told they wouldn't be in until next month.

that was inbetween him chewing gum down the phone which i found to be very annoying and rude!

Soldato
Patience is a virtue!

Remember though, Hazro have said that current owners are top of the list for the new model when it comes in, followed by new orders (and hence new stock to OcUK).

Soldato
That's a good question! I know that Hazro have my details as I bought direct and was the first person to report the DPMS issue to them. I would suspect OcUK will have a part in handling the process as they have a comprehensive list of who bought these.

Soldato
I'm now using vista and i cant seem to see this dpms issue, the only time i get issues is if i turn off the pc without turning off the monitor first. The screen will start to flash a garbled bios boot screen.

Soldato
Yes, i tested it by telling vista to put it to sleep after 2 mins, seemed to do it ok; was no flickering or anything. Could it also be a gfx card issue, im using an old 7800gt that maybe isnt being affected by vista.

Back
Top Bottom