Upgrade Help!

Associate
Im thinking of upgrading,

For CPU im thinking of a Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 LGA775 'Yorkfield' 2.66GHz 12MB-cache

Then im unsure on ram and motherboard. At the moment i have a AMD 4400 X2, so havent upgarded in a while. Which chipset should i go for? there are so many for LG775?

For ram maybe OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) PC2-8500C5 1066MHz Reaper HPC Edition Dual Channel DDR2. Been reading a few threads and DDR2 seems the way to go.

Edit: I also have a Zalman reserator 1+ would the best option just be to buy the compatable cpu block. Instead of getting a new Watercooling set up?

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Then im unsure on ram and motherboard. At the moment i have a AMD 4400 X2, so havent upgarded in a while. Which chipset should i go for? there are so many for LG775?
what will you mainly use it for & are you thinking of going multi-GPU (either CF or SLI)?

For ram maybe OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) PC2-8500C5 1066MHz Reaper HPC Edition Dual Channel DDR2. Been reading a few threads and DDR2 seems the way to go.
prefer G.Skill myself but no doubt plenty of other people have other ideas.

Associate
OP
Hi, i think ill have one gpu not bothered if its a crossfire or nvidia board. Which is the best out of the nvidia and intel chipset?. It will mainly be used for web browsing. But Maybe with a better PC i would get back into PC games.

Back
Top Bottom