Russia Invades Georgia?

Caporegime
Caporegime
2n02azt.jpg

Ed

Ed

Soldato
Gotta love the front page of "The Sun". I just saw it while at the petrol station.

"WE'LL NUKE POLAND" - If U.S. help Georgia.

Edit: I can only assume they came to this wild statement based on this report.

Last edited:

Ed

Ed

Soldato
wrong, Russia have threatened to nuke Poland if they agree to place the US's missile protection thingy there.
Hence the link which clearly states this. :confused: I don't read newspapers so don't know the exact details of the report.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hence the link which clearly states this. :confused: I don't read newspapers so don't know the exact details of the report.

But it says nothing about Georgia on the front page, the actual headline is...

We'll Nuke Poland - The price of helping US.

However, i can see where your coming from with US helping Georgia with Aid etc.

Soldato
Well, looks like we're in for a new Cold War then. I absolutely loathe what Russia is doing right now, and they need a goddamn slap around the face. At least Russia is a tangiable threat unlike the assorted ghost ideologies we've been wasting troops and lives on.

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Have to say I am not particularly pleased with Polands decision to host the US defence site. Not so much because I think Russia would invade, but because I really think Poland has a bit of an obsession with the US; which is stupid considering the US treat the Polish very much like the English treat the Irish (in the sense of mockery etc), but probably worse.
[My family is Polish, btw]

Last edited:
Soldato
I saw that, Censoring the media so that they can convey their own lies and munipulate people.

My friend just got back from Africa and spent 8 months out there traveling across pretty much every country. He spent quite some time in Ethiopia and he says that he didn't see one starving person on his whole trip. He says that the media were broadcasting from the wastelands and ex-volcanic regions where life is pretty grim, but the people have the chance to move to the greener areas where there are farms, cattle, buildings.

Because of this, I am completely ignoring the media from now on.

Soldato
I saw that, Censoring the media so that they can convey their own lies and munipulate people.

My friend just got back from Africa and spent 8 months out there traveling across pretty much every country. He spent quite some time in Ethiopia and he says that he didn't see one starving person on his whole trip. He says that the media were broadcasting from the wastelands and ex-volcanic regions where life is pretty grim, but the people have the chance to move to the greener areas where there are farms, cattle, buildings.

Because of this, I am completely ignoring the media from now on.

My dad had someone from Africa's tourism industry on his marketing course. He actually hates the charities as they turn tourists away by making out that Africa is full of disease and starving people.

Soldato
Regarding Russia, the media might show tanks and APC's rolling out of Georgia, what they don't show you are the masses of military units remaining in the country and new units forming on the border.

Caporegime
There are no military installations in the city of Tskhinvali. In fact, there are no military targets at all. It is an industrial center consisting of lumber mills, manufacturing plants and residential areas. It is also the home to 30,000 South Ossetians. When Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili ordered the city to be bombed by warplanes and shelled by heavy artillery last Thursday, he knew that he would be killing hundreds of civilians in their homes and neighborhoods. But he ordered the bombing anyway.

I read the above first paragraph and did a massive :rolleyes: I didn't expect anything else other than a complete misrepresentation of this conflict from a massive anti-American site.

Soldato
Well, looks like we're in for a new Cold War then. I absolutely loathe what Russia is doing right now, and they need a goddamn slap around the face.
The US bother me more. With their overt bid for global domination. The missile defense system is unbelievable! Put your self in Russia's shoes just for a moment.
The US are the greatest danger to world stability right now. Not the Russians.

Soldato
The US bother me more. With their overt bid for global domination. The missile defense system is unbelievable! Put your self in Russia's shoes just for a moment.
The US are the greatest danger to world stability right now. Not the Russians.

I agree with that, look what happened when Russia tried to put missiles on the US door step. Its bloody hypocritical.

Back
Top Bottom