How do you react after an argument with your partner?

Associate
I normally avoid her gaze and just go totally silent, most of the time it seems like we dont sort our arguments out, also we have had more arguments in the last 3 months than we have in over 3 years so something has gone majorly wrong recently.

Soldato
Well it depends.

With my old partner I can honestly count the number of times we argued on one hand (over a 4 year period). It would usually end with me walking out for an hour or so just to clear my head and think things over, then I would return and we would sort it out :)

My current partner and I attempt to talk things through and we both put our thoughts and opinions forward. This seems far more sensible and grown up to me but I can also understand why sometimes someone needs to try and clear their head before attempting to resolve the issue.

Soldato
To actually go away for the whole weekend really is unreasonable. In the worst arguments I've had she's stormed off but she'll always be back in 2-3 hours and by this point both of us have realised we were both wrong in some ways and talk the problem through to the solution both of us want it to come to.

Unless you decided to sell all of his stuff for charity, or you've suggested a threesome buggering off for 2 days is over the top and immature. It doesnt sound like you're happy in the relationship... go home!

Is the house in both your names?

Soldato
Well its got to be better than big brother:p

I was being serious! I always feel better after watching a brutal film! I think 'Phew! At least that wasn't me!'

Minxy, hope you feel better tomorrow. Have a hot bath, stiff drink and early night.

And then when he comes back poke him right in the eye!

Soldato
OP
Well its got to be better than big brother:p

Not when it's that selfish cow Nicole they are booting out.

It seems a lot of people walk away from the situation, perhaps I am an unusual breed. I'd put the differences in approach down to the fact that we are 3.5 years different in age. Thought maybe it was a maturity thing. Perhaps not!

Man of Honour
Heh, how topical.

Normally what happens is that I go off in a huff for a short while, she goes to bed and then we hug and it gets forgotten about. Never had an argument that's lasted overnight really although it might get mentioned another day.

I'm more than happy to 'stand and talk' but either she's ranting so much and being unreasonable that I'll go away until she's calmed down and seen sense, or she'll retreat into a ball insisting that "'nothing's the matter". Until I say "ok fine" and just lie there of course, then there'll be a pause because I'm asked if I've 'got anything to say?'

Last edited:
Soldato
Not when it's that selfish cow Nicole they are booting out.

It seems a lot of people walk away from the situation, perhaps I am an unusual breed. I'd put the differences in approach down to the fact that we are 3.5 years different in age. Thought maybe it was a maturity thing. Perhaps not!

It's not unusual, i like to do the same as you, im older than my GF but not by 3years. Are you older than him?

I HATE going to bed with un resolved arguments.

As for nicole, from what i've seen of her, shes a right stuck up cow lol

Soldato
OP
Is the house in both your names?

Yes it is, we have a joint mortgage. If he just disappeared for a couple of hours and came back to talk I could handle that. Its the text dumping thing and the whole weekend away thing that is eating me up. He must have such little respect for me.

Roberta, thank you! Especially for the eye thing, I might just try that.:p

Camelot, yes I'm 27, he has recently turned 24.

Soldato
Yes it is, we have a joint mortgage. If he just disappeared for a couple of hours and came back to talk I could handle that. Its the text dumping thing and the whole weekend away thing that is eating me up. He must have such little respect for me.

Roberta, thank you! Especially for the eye thing, I might just try that.:p

Camelot, yes I'm 27, he has recently turned 24.

Thats immature for someone who is 20, let alone someone who is 24!

Soldato
i often find that if you are a gent and you need a clear head.. then go to one side, fire off your cannon...

then when you reapproach her you will be thinking of more than just wanting to get back on her side so you can wrestle her in 10 minutes :)

Soldato
Regardless of how he needs to handle his anger it sounds like he has little to no respect for you, get out imho.

Back
Top Bottom