How do you react after an argument with your partner?

Soldato
Sounds like he knows you'll be lonely without him and he's using the situation to control and punish you while he gets a few nights out.

Arrange a meet with a few forum members in your area and get a few friends of your own. He probably won't be doing that again.

Phate and Tefal should get a room.

Soldato
She storms off in a rage, or locks herself in the bathroom, I need to resolve it straight away, or it just stews in my head and makes it 10 times worse.

Inevitably it always goes her way, and whatever it was caused the argument gets left unspoken until next time it flares up.

We have some fun times.

Yes, I'm older (about 3.5 years).

Hope it all works out for you, you just need to find something to take your mind off it (yeah, I know just how hard it can be!)

Associate
Just remember the OcUk rule Minxy... always update, every second, otherwise we dont care.

As a few have said us blokes just get out rather than argue, we find it impossible. If needs be, i'll come marry ya, so's to keep mortgage in check.

Roll on the rents arrivin and him comin back for a showdown.

GL and may the force be with you,, or somethin.

Soldato
Normally it is my fault for going on when its not always needed, so I do try and apologise after I've calmed down. Saying stupid things just to incite a reaction in the heat of the moment is my forte, and I hate it! :(

Soldato
OP
Well he stuck to his word and never came home last night.

I've texted him, got no reply so tried to call him and his phone is off. Whether he is out of battery or just being cruel I dont know but I'm pretty besides myself here.

My parents are supposed to be here in a couple of hours, I dont even know if I want them to come. I'm going to be crap company.

Soldato
Well he stuck to his word and never came home last night.

I've texted him, got no reply so tried to call him and his phone is off. Whether he is out of battery or just being cruel I dont know but I'm pretty besides myself here.

My parents are supposed to be here in a couple of hours, I dont even know if I want them to come. I'm going to be crap company.

Don't let things like the mortgage and bills put you off getting out, they're easy to resolve.

Soldato
I used to argue quite a lot with my boyfriend, as we're both quite stubborn, although we've mellowed over the years. He likes to walk away, but I like to talk things through and get them sorted there and then. Any time he has actually gone, it has made things worse rather than better, because I get more and more worked up.

Even with the amount we have argued, we've never gone to bed angry at each other.

Soldato
Minxy, don't contact him. Have a day with your parents and try and enjoy it as much as you can. He no doubt knows that his behaviour upsets you which is why he's doing it so just rise above and even if he's really hurting you just ignore him. He's the one who will end up looking like a big kid with a temper tantrum.

I also agree that you need to get friends in the area so that you have someone to talk to.

Man of Honour
His stories of seeing led zepplin and teaching 100 16yr olds normally sedates her to the point that she cant stay awake long enough to argue.

lol

She has seen Led Zeppelin with me twice and she's been a teacher for 14 years - she bores me :)

Not very nice being called a liar but me and my lady have never had an argument in 34 years.

I've just gone and asked her just in case I've forgotten -
Have me and you ever had an argument?
No but we'll have one if you keep touching my arse
Then she says -
Do you want one?
Neh, I can't be bothered.

That just about sums us up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom