Any opinions on o2 broadband?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
is there anyway to find out just how far i am from the exchange and what speed i can get? its available in my area but im unsure of speed as we dont have a bt landline yet. ive tried samknows but cant find out any information.

You can still put in the postcode which will give you a approx distance, see the locality tab.
As far as speed, post your distance and someone may give you a rough estimate

Soldato
Many thanks to Zombie for sorting out a connection discount for me. Switched from Be to O2, smooth as could be the only thing that changed was the static IP. Same great 20 mbit for less than half the price :)

Soldato
Well got it all set up today 1 day before activation and up and running very impressed, One thing sounds a bit dodgy the 02 box appears to be wep 64bit bit old school, does it support wpa and can it be changed, im not actually at the router.

cheers

Soldato
Hmmm, I'm thinking about switiching to O2, currently paying about £21 a month for Orange Livebox service, I live in the wilds of North Yorkshire and my line only supports up to 1.5mbs I think.

O2 Access would cost me £17.50 a month. Worth it? I having no problems with Orange, I just want to count the pennies and think about the future.

Worth it?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmmm, I'm thinking about switiching to O2, currently paying about £21 a month for Orange Livebox service, I live in the wilds of North Yorkshire and my line only supports up to 1.5mbs I think.

O2 Access would cost me £17.50 a month. Worth it? I having no problems with Orange, I just want to count the pennies and think about the future.

Worth it?
The guy I quoted in my post before yours might be able to get us O2 20Mb for £7.50 a month. :)

Associate
Did you sign up online?

Tried the other night and had loads of problems getting it to recognize delivery postcodes :(

Sent a mail to Si_MPS so hopefully he'll respond soon :] If not I'll probably ring be in a few days. 3rd of September is rather rapid for activation no? I thought it usually takes BT ages to sort out things like that.

Soldato
I'm putting any furher discounts on hold for a bit now. Every one who's waiting for a mail back I'll still sort those out. I'm out of the office today but if you guys haven't recieved a mail by close of play tomorrow I'll send you the details manually.

I'll do some more discounts later on, I'm just finding it hard to keep up with the demand at the moment.

Sorry guys but this still stands at the moment. I very quickly get inundated with these requests and it's not fair to expect you guys to wait for me to get through them. I will post here as soon as I start doing them again.

Soldato
Did you sign up online?

Tried the other night and had loads of problems getting it to recognize delivery postcodes :(

Sent a mail to Si_MPS so hopefully he'll respond soon :] If not I'll probably ring be in a few days. 3rd of September is rather rapid for activation no? I thought it usually takes BT ages to sort out things like that.
I did sign up online. Nice and quick activation from Be. It took Nildram 9 days to get me a MAC code. They blamed it on BT being slow. Don't know how truthful that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom