• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Catalyst 8.9 beta's (8.54) Vista only ?

Soldato
wheres the download link?

i can only see this:

which is Filename: catalyst_beta_8.8_(8.54-080805n)..rar Filesize: 391.05 MB

its not 8.9?

Bloody hell.... I get to 40% before I noticed the file name :rolleyes:, even had me glasses on :rolleyes:

The 8.54's seem to have much better performance in COD4 than the 8.8 officials unless its just X2.

Associate
These just messed up iRacing for me, I now have some strange graphical oddities going on... just about to remove them and go back to the 8.8's which unfortunately were as buggy as hell for me, black screens, lost resolutions etc, but at least my game didn't have layers showing through transparant layers and other wierd stuff going on.

Edit, this time I've just d/loaded the 8.8 driver package without the CCC, can anyone tell me where to get the ATI control panel please

Last edited:
Soldato
These drivers are so good they are worthy of a double post :p

All my older games are now playable with fantastic framrates and play very smoothly, minimum and average fps across recent games has also shot up, framerates are pretty much always 3 figure numbers now across all the games I play. :D

Thank you ati, I knew all that kick was there! :D

Dru

Dru

Associate
Gave these a go with my 4850 just for fun. I couldn't get the CCC working (it started and then stopped whenever I launched it) so I'm using the CCC from the official 8.8's. They're certainly not slower and they have fixed the white spots in DX10 games when af is turned on.

There are a few issues (related to aa) from the looks of it if you're running crossfire but overall these seem pretty good so far. I've not tried tf2 yet though which is the dealbreaker for me, but it's a bit too early in the day to be playing that. :)

Back
Top Bottom