Oh ****. Screwdriver and a Spark :|

Associate
I think I have just done some damage to a new Motherboard.

I had just found a screw for the mobo, so I thought I will screw it in. It was right at the top, so I started , but found it difficult. I slipped, and the screwdriver touched something next to it. Spark, and immediatly the monitor lost the connection. The CPU fan continued to spin and all seemed to work , the led was on etc.

But no output

291mh40.png

The pink box is where it happened.

please dont say its ****** :(

Mud

Mud

Soldato
Unplug it, give it 20mins and try turning it on again. Sounds stupid, but I've seen shorting trainwrecks resolved this way multiple times in the past (though none were my responsibility! :p).

Soldato
Give it 20mins and try turning it on again. Sounds stupid, but I've seen shorting trainwrecks resolved this way multiple times in the past (though none were my responsibility! :p).

Remove the battery too. Ive also done this . . . . I was trying to turn it on with a screwdriver and my hand slipped/spasmed/rebelled and shorted mine too. When tested straight after it was dead, tested next day after crying myself to sleep and it lived!

That said, ive also blown one when a screw that was balancing on wires dropped and shorted it out.

Associate
OP
Having done it nearly 6 hours ago, I still can't believe I did it!

My excuse is having 7 hours sleep all weekend, just was not thinking.

I have just tried it again after I unplugged it and took the battery out about 3 hours ago. Still the same, will leave it ill Morning. I hope it works.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom