PSP PHOTOFAST - memory card adapter - upto 64GB

Soldato
Video Demo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQqBJIuNr3w

Its ugly as hell and looks abit clunky. You can only import them from Japan right now. It'll cost you around £40-60, so, you might as well buy an 8GB stick or a 16gb as that is plenty(for OFW ;)).

There are some really smart people working on getting the 80GB iPOD harddrive into the PSP. That would be something amazing!

14j4wv6.jpg

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Give the masses what they want: 64GB storage for your Playstation Portable™!
This is it, the ultimate adapter that blows your wildest gamer dreams!

Equip your PSP with storage equal to subnotebooks!
Store all your games, music and other media.
No more file and memory stick swapping!

Holds 2 SDHC/SD memory cards or equivalent adapters.
Boosts memory up to 64GB (depending on memory cards).
Can be used with 1 or 2 SDHC/SD cards. Storage is spanned over both cards.

Again PhotoFast brings you higher capacity with less space and at lower cost!

Note: Your PSP firmware must support high memory

PRODUCT FEATURE

● Supports 2 SD / SDHC cards.
● 2 SD(HC) cards of different capacity can be used.
● If only 1 SD(HC) card is used, it must be inserted into slot #1 in order to work.
● When using new SD(HC) cards, you need to format with a SONY product before you can store data.
● In order to copy or delete data directly, insert CR-3100 in your card reader. Don’t take out the SD(HC) cards and
perform write operations on the single card. Your data will be corrupt.

1. Holds 2 cards for super large capacity
Get maximum storage capacity with 2 SDHC or 2 SD cards.
CR-3100 converts 2 SD(HC) cards into one MS Pro Duo stick. You can get twice the capacity at a lower price.
2. Card types can be mixed
Cards of different capacity and different type can be used concurrently (i.e. SD+SDHC).
3. Freedom of expansion and upgrade
The adapter works with only one SDHC card as well. The second slot can be equipped anytime later.
You can exchange the cards and upgrade the max. capacity at will!
4. Super high read/write speeds of 10MB/s and up
CR-3100 is made of high quality components and preserves the original speed of the inserted SD(HC) cards
(when two different types of SD(HC) cards are used, the slower card sets the speed rate)
We strongly recommend to use PhotoFast Dual Cannel SD(HC) cards.

swfqkz.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I take it this basically works like a memory stick should? If so, it will be a fantastic product for homebrew users, however i bet many people will think it only does what its name implies (stores photos :p) and therefor it won't be as popular as you'd imagine.

Soldato
OP
I take it this basically works like a memory stick should? If so, it will be a fantastic product for homebrew users, however i bet many people will think it only does what its name implies (stores photos :p) and therefor it won't be as popular as you'd imagine.

The name of the product is abit confusing. SD/HC cards are pretty cheap though, 16gb cards go for around £40 compared to £100 for a pro duo.

Only thing stopping me from buying this is the fact it'll make my 4gb card useless with the psp.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Got mine in the mail this morning along with 2 x 16gb SDHC cards. :) I'll be removing the UMD drive and sticking the photofast inside the PSP.

I've already put 4gb worth of content onto the drive. This photofast is actually faster than anything else out there.

1) microSD to Memory Stick adapter with 4GB Kingmax card
- Score 386
- Read 9.5 Mb/s
- Write 7 Mb/s

2) Sandisk 8GB Memory Stick
- Score 391
- Read 15 Mb/s
- Write 5 Mb/s

3) Sony 1GB (came with Daxter pack)
- Score 370
- Read 8 Mb/s
- Write 6 Mb/s

4) PhotoFast CR-3100 2x 16GB A-Data SD cards
- Score 453
- Read 10 Mb/s
- Write 9 Mb/s

27zm8ec.jpg

2m5kwt2.jpg

eijd4m.jpg

6glhtl.jpg

2vanzi9.jpg

2mr5vnl.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
That actually looks quite cool, the PSP Frankenstein ('s monster :p) edition. I'm slightly confused however, does the photofast thing HAVE to replace the UMD drive, or can the two be used in unison?

Also, how much did all that set you back? :)

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
I suppose with that much space you wouldn't need a UMD disk any more anyway, just stick em onto the card for faster load times... MUCH faster load times by the look of it.

I still haven't got a PSP, but it's getting more and more tempting every day. I think i'll pick up that new slim one with the slightly better screen and one of these.

Soldato
Well, my plan was to ask for a PSP-3000 for christmas, would i be correct in assuming the slim+light will still be available come December even though the 3000 comes out in October? Surplus stock and what-not.

Associate
The latest slim n lites will also be unhackable. If you buy one in the shops now you should still be alright, but theres still a chance in would be "Pandora-Proof".

Soldato
OP
Old thread. Newer tech has came out since this. Its bulky and sticks out like a sore thumb. Some people have actually modded this thing inside the UMD tray.

My psp is broke and I haven't used it in over a here. I have 2 x 16gb cards with this.

Back
Top Bottom