Always keep your front door locked!!

Permabanned
The police's response and actions at the time may all be well and good. Here's something to think about though, they'll be let out with no more than a slap on the wrist and they know where the person who phoned the police lives!

Soldato
exactly. we should design and set traps. just like when catching other pests such as mice and rats !

You mean like in home alone? :p can we set them on fire? :D

Also good job op :) nice to see a success story. Never had a problem with the police, last time I had to deal with them was at work when some guy came in and threatened one of the staff with a knife (personal differences, not robbery or anything) and I swear the police were here within 3 or 4 minutes. Got the guy too!

As has been said before, I also hate any anti police bigotry I hear or see. They do their best within the limits of all the red tape!

Permabanned
Good to hear :D

I remember when my moped got stolen and they gave me live commentry when I was on my moblie phone to them :D

Always good to hear stories that the police can do their job regardless of what people think. I'm a huge fan of 'Road/Street Wars'. :cool:

I love road/street wars :D

Associate
did the police take them down sweeney style that would have been good

just watch out for them coming back as you might be seen as a grass or something and get ready for em

Caporegime
I'm fairly quick to point out the police are by and large useless, but its not down to the cops themselves. Of course, as with any job there are incompetant cops but I definately don't think they all are, or many of them. I had wanted to be one, for a long time, though I don't like the idea of being a bobby but I think i'd love to be a detective doing the more difficult cases.

But the job is just so poorly managed. Saw the policing getting worse in Ealing yearly, with so many people I knew getting mugged in crime hotspots with a constantly shrinking number of police working in the area. Increased paperwork, decreased manpower and utterly terrible system in place for once people are caught. It doesn't matter how good the police are if the "system" keeps chucking them out without adequate punishment. Due to the ridiculous legal system more criminals are on the streets than there should be, and that leads to less fear of being locked up, which again bumps the numbers of criminals.

The idea really is to have enough patrols working that any patrol car should be able to get to any incident that needs a immediate response within 5-10mins, maybe 1-2 minutes, you can still get lucky and phone the police while they are driving down the road, but if they aren't you're screwed.

You can see its getting worse, anyone can, the idea of hiring massive numbers of ridiculously under qualified and underpowered "half cops" instead of getting more real policemen out there is only making everything worse.

Good people often, trying to do a worthy job, being destroyed by inept government/management.

Glad you had a good outcome though, I think one burglary we had a great response, but another one(years and years apart) and a few things with neighbours being robbed, and other things the response was beyond a joke.

Soldato
its only ever the bad and negative stories that come out about the police, never the good ones and thats what has shaped the way people think about the police, the negative images portrayed in the media. I'm glad someone has told the positive side that goes on in the police force for once

Soldato
OP
Like the guy in the other thread about the police, I to am going to right a letter and say they did an excellent job.

If the lad comes back, well that'll be his biggest mistake. The police knew who this lad was as he's been in trouble countless times before and I have no enemies whatsoever, so if this lad does want to make something of it and decided to put my windows through, then I know exactly who it is.

And if I catch him (hope I do) then he'll be getting the beating of his life. And then i'll call the police while my foot is on his face :D

Soldato
I would have cracked the little muppets in the teeth to be honest!!

But i always take my keys out once im inside the house and if im home alone i lock the doors..

Just for my own personal reassurance more than anything.

Back
Top Bottom