What to pick up in Hong Kong?

Associate
Off to Hong Kong next week for a few days and was wondering what sort of things are significantly cheaper over there to warrant a purchase? Specifically, I need a laptop and MP3 player. Anyone know the place well? Where are the best areas to go for electronics shopping? Anyone know some decent websites where I can browse prizes, etc?

Soldato
Nathan Road in Kowloon is probably the best place to grab a bargain. Be careful when accepting the first price because you'll find that prices for things like iPods, cameras, etc. differ from store to store.

Also, they will more often than not try to get you to buy a bundle package. Be firm when you say no.

I managed to get an iPod there for about £40 cheaper than in the UK but I did have to do a lot of searching. It's good fun though :)

Associate
White PlayStation 3 from Nathan Road, prices are really cheap.
Suits are still cheaper than the UK but Thailand is now king for getting tailored suits.

Forgot to mention but if you're after a phone or camera I'd recommend the top floor in LCX (its near the star ferry terminal) loads of bigger versions of the shops on Nathan road.

Last edited:
Soldato
try down Nathan Road, its very busy down there but the area is full of electrical shops

be carefull though because some will try and rip you off, ones to be wary of are ones that advertise things like "VAT free" "no tax" etc

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;12494045 said:
(1) Bad AIDS
(2) Great discounts on electrical goods , particularly PS as mentioned in one of the previous posts.
(3) Lay to the Dees :)
(4) See point (1) :(

Have you been to HK? apart from point 2 I didnt find any of the others to be the case, or maybe I was in the wrong area

Caporegime
Have you been to HK? apart from point 2 I didnt find any of the others to be the case, or maybe I was in the wrong area

Yes, I've been several times. I was trying to be funny but should probably wait until I'm sober before doing so :(

edit : JBuK ... you don't play an online shoot-em-up game do you, by any chance :) Similar name, if not.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd say point 3 stands, if you walk down any of the non main roads there are signs everywhere for whore houses.

the only signs of hookers I saw were in a square close to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and in Sticky Fingers bar

[FnG]magnolia;12494077 said:
Yes, I've been several times. I was trying to be funny but should probably wait until I'm sober before doing so :(

edit : JBuK ... you don't play an online shoot-em-up game do you, by any chance :) Similar name, if not.

lol drunk this early? ,or havent you slept yet/woke up steamboat?

Nah I dont play any games really, I played Cod4 for a few weeks but i've lost interest now :(

Last edited:
Soldato
anything electrical you want would be a good choice, i picked up a camera and an ipod for roughly 1/3 cheaper than in the UK.

also picked up a watch for around the same saving and clothes can also be a lot cheaper too.

Back
Top Bottom