LG Scarlet 32LG6000 thoughts

Associate
Well as the title say I am thinking of getting a LG Scarlet 32LG6000 it seems a good spec for a sub 400 pound 32" lcd .

So I was wondering if anyone has any input on it.

Soldato
My parents actually ordered this TV for themselves yesterday, I'll let you know what I think of it in a couple of days time ;)

Just going by what it looked like in the shop though I'm quite impressed with it

Associate
OP
Im not sure about the actual looks of it but the spec seems very impressive and its easy on the wallet.
I was also looking at the sammy LE32A559P4

Associate
OP
Well it to late now im six hundred pounds down and a spanking new sammy on the way .:eek:

the sammy LE32A559P4 is 1080p screen though it just depends if you need that as you can get some cheap 720p tvs

I was after 1080p as im gonna run my xbox and now my pc and on top of that its going to be close so I need the res .

Fingers crossed it performs.:D

Last edited:
Associate
which model did you buy as i'm after a 32inch 1080p tv and been looking at the Samsung LE32A656A and Sony KDL32W4000U and cant decide which one to buy

Associate
OP
I got the Samsung LE32A656A Its a decent price for such a high spec and I was looking at a group of lcd's in pc worlds and the sammys just had the crisper picture over the others, even over the panasonics who are supposed to be top dogs.

Associate
did you get one and how much did you pay as i found the cheapest price for the 32 for 577 ish

try those price comparison websites as they link straight to the shop websites

Associate
OP
I paid £627.95 but that was a package with a wall mount thew TV on its own was £573.00 I also paid the £89 for their 2 year cover which I kicked my self for doing but luckily I can cancel that.
But it was so hard to get hold of every-time I ordered it they called up 10 minutes later saying they are out of stock ,I was particularly gutted as my first choice retailer was 1 of the cheapest and if you join there club for 30 quid they plonk 3 year warranties on everything you buy from them.

Soldato
1080p on a 32" Is not worth it.

Why on earth do people spend £500-700+ on a 32" television when you can get a decent branded one for under £500?

If you want to spend more than £500, buy a BIGGER TV!

IMO the people who buy the more expensive ones have time to sit there and check out colour definition etc, whereas Joe average who just wants a great picture doesn't need to do that.

I bought a LG Scarlet recently, brilliant TV, cost £427 inc delivery and looks absolutely gorgeous!!!

4 x HDMI as well! :D

Soldato
Whilst I still can't really add much to this thread as despite the TV arriving I've got my own so dont ever venture into my parents room :D but yeah seems like a good middle of the range set

Looks wise I still like it and the little hole that lights up is a novel little thing as is the tune that plays when you switch the set on. Picture seems good as does the sound

Still surprised me rents picked such a dare I say it trendy and good spec TV :p

Back
Top Bottom