*** The new MacBook/MacBook Pro thread, all info in here ***

Soldato
Loving mine more and more. It's the first Apple laptop I've had, and even the magsafe power whatsit seems like a bloody good idea. Trying to find an excuse to take it to work now ! :D

ahh so your one of the ***s thats caused the apple store at medowhall to sell out :mad:

Soldato
Im just going down to get one now - 1st ever apple computer ever and I have a semi just thinking about it.....:cool:

Im looking at getting the base £950 model - what do you guys think?

EXCITED!!!! :D

Soldato
Stormfront in Plymouth received stock yesterday morning, I snapped up a MacBook 2.4 - it replaces a 4-5 year old Sony Vaio (15.4"). Amazing design and it makes the Sony look extremely clumsy. I was hesitant about going down a couple of screen inches, but I've been using it for a while now and it is great! Massive trackpad is really good to use and the gestures are neat (4 fingers for expose etc).

It's great to have a near silent machine - the Sony always needed plugging into the mains and the fans were seriously loud... loud enough to disturb others in the same room trying to watch TV for example.

Anyways, here are some pics - without bread (just remembered after the quick photo shoot!) - but it is almost impossible to portray how perfectly clean the lines are and what a quality piece of kit it feels like in the flesh (alu!)... shown with a second gen Nano. Enjoy!

IMG_3544.jpg

IMG_3545.jpg

IMG_3547.jpg

IMG_3549.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
It's almost too nice to put fingers anywhere near it. As the glass is edge to edge, it's tricky to open up without getting finger marks around the black surround.

Quick visit to Apple Exeter this morning to pick up a pack of iKlear ;):rolleyes::D

Soldato
How do you lot afford to keep upgrading your kits do you get good money being students ;)

I really wish I could upgrade my 2 years old MBP to what ever i decide to get...

Soldato
How do you lot afford to keep upgrading your kits do you get good money being students ;)

I really wish I could upgrade my 2 years old MBP to what ever i decide to get...

That's what I'm doing with my c2d 15" 2.33. Should get at least £600 for it and I can afford to front up the rest. I shall not be denied!!

Soldato

Same boat, the price hike and lack of serious spec jump for this has pushed me down the mac pro route.
2x2.8ghz quad & 8gb ram for less than the new macbook pro, sorted :)

Associate
Some good bargins can be found on the old gen macbook pro machines now. I found the topend 17" model on sale foe just shy of 1,300 pounds. Tempted to pick one rather than get one of the new models.

Soldato
Just got back from Stormfront in Plymouth.

What a load of pains in the rear they are. :rolleyes:

They told me that I couldn't have HE discount as it was a "website only" thing, and that i'd have to order it direct from Apple.

It's going to take 3 working days for the extra to clear from my savings into my bank account, so i've got time to figure out exactly what I want, but it looks like being the base Macbook (£818).

I'm going to nip into the Exeter one on the way home today and ask them if they do HE discount. If they do, they'll be getting my custom.

Associate
Guys,

Do any of you know whether the Hard Drive is user upgradable on the new macbook pro??? On the Key Note Video there was a clip that made it look as though it was, can anyone confirm please??

I just ordered one over the phone with a 320gb HD, but if it's user upgradable I may call them back and just get the standard HD..

Cheers

Ricky

Back
Top Bottom