*** The new MacBook/MacBook Pro thread, all info in here ***

Soldato
Can't say I'm too happy with the latest announcements.

They've tried a risky move and have stabilized risk by keeping the white MacBook in the line up. Too expensive and taking out Firewire was removing something for the sake of it.

Dropped the ball on this one I think. Ah well, at least they can go back to their beloved iPhone once again.

Soldato
It's almost too nice to put fingers anywhere near it. As the glass is edge to edge, it's tricky to open up without getting finger marks around the black surround.

Hey Juggler, how are you finding the viewing angle on the MB screen? Is it as bad as reported? It does really pee me off that when we pay such a premium for apple products, they skimp on very important components. £1000 for a laptop that cannot be viewed in any way except dead on :rolleyes:

Why? Just, why?

Associate
I saw the the new macbooks in the flesh today at the Glasgow store and I will repeat what I said earlier, I really don't like the new design, sure it's alu and all but the macbooks should (in my opinion) look different from the pro's.
Couldn't they have done something like what they did with the new nano's and have several colours available?
Guess I'm waiting until Snow Leopard comes out and then I will decide.

Soldato
Doubt im the only one, i wouldnt want a bright red, yellow, blue laptop :/.

They've made Macbooks just smaller MBP's now.

Soldato
Haven't read the bad reports and can't say I've had any issues with the viewing angle at all - a few people could easily sit around it and all be able to see/read what's on screen - definitely viewable from angles other than just straight on!

Hey Juggler, how are you finding the viewing angle on the MB screen? Is it as bad as reported?...

Assuming the gubbins inside are the same as the MacBook, swapping the HDD out is just a case of unscrewing: a third of the base, a bracket that holds the HDD in place, small screws on the HDD and unclipping a connector. This and memory upgrades are covered in the user guide :) all looks straight forward enough but not yet taken a screwdriver to it to investigate ;)

Is this a yes to the user upgradable hard drive??

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey Juggler, how are you finding the viewing angle on the MB screen? Is it as bad as reported? It does really pee me off that when we pay such a premium for apple products, they skimp on very important components. £1000 for a laptop that cannot be viewed in any way except dead on :rolleyes:

Why? Just, why?

I notice this instore lastnight I said to the guy why that one brighter and not as colourful as the other he said you need to look dead on.. I just stood there and laugh I dont need to do that with my current MBP... He said it to do with LED... Hmm think i stick with my MBP for time being

Soldato
Assuming the gubbins inside are the same as the MacBook, swapping the HDD out is just a case of unscrewing: a third of the base, a bracket that holds the HDD in place, small screws on the HDD and unclipping a connector. This and memory upgrades are covered in the user guide :) all looks straight forward enough but not yet taken a screwdriver to it to investigate ;)

It's actually even easier than the old one! Appears to be one screw

Soldato

Why? Just, why?

Take a look at the pic in this post (bottom pic) i dont think it looks too bad at all and the screen is pretty angled on that pic, that will not be a prob for me :)

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=583432

Also this vid shows the macbook being rotated whilst on and it looks ok to me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPSLqyNeJ_g

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom