Street Fighter (SFIV, SSFIV, HDR)

Caporegime
New film? Is that the Chun-li one?

Yeah, with Kristen Kreuk, of Smallville fame in it. Don;t expect it to be any good, but I read they are gonna bring out SF4 at the same time to maximise sales. Hopefully they will bloody release Turbo HD Remix on XBL/PSN before then!

rp2000

Associate
i havent played a beat em up for a long long time, last one was t3 on ps2, really looking forward to this game.

one thing bugging me tho, i used to use the dpad on ps2, just wondering what the latest style is, is it dpad or analogue stick? or maybe that fighting stick thing with a proper arcade joystick and six buttons, hori one i think

Associate
OP
i havent played a beat em up for a long long time, last one was t3 on ps2, really looking forward to this game.

one thing bugging me tho, i used to use the dpad on ps2, just wondering what the latest style is, is it dpad or analogue stick? or maybe that fighting stick thing with a proper arcade joystick and six buttons, hori one i think

Capcom are making a 6 button joystick to be released with the console version of the game.

Michael

Associate
Capcom are making a 6 button joystick to be released with the console version of the game.

Michael

cool will do a search for it, but like what do the decent gamers use a joystick or a pad, if pad do they use the analogue sticks or dpad

Soldato
PMSL at Seth's finishing move, M.Bison was always my fave character, hopefully their will be some good cutscene's for finishing the game with each character.

Associate
this looks cool, kinda biggish tho

arcadestick.jpg

Caporegime
Is there a similar tracker anywhere for Tekken or King of Fighters?

Not seen one but both are at Trocadero in London.

You can get Joysticks for 360 and PS3 already. I had one on each made by Hori (one 6 button and current one is 8 button). Very good quality. If you just use a normal controller then dpad all the way. A few people use analogue sticks but the games are designed from ground up for digital input like dpads or microswitched joysticks.

Im waiting till the Eurogamer Expo at the end of the month, hopefully I can get a taste of this beauty.

I am tempted to go for this as well, but I just recall at a competitor show they said the same thing and the game was a no show. Although that was meant to be Arcade cabinets, I think Eurogamer Expo is console game so maybe a 360 or PS3 Work In Progress?

rp2000

Soldato
That looks awesome :D

I wasn't sold on the whole 3D aspect of it (I hated the EX series) but this looks really good, and seems to have been getting rave reviews in Japan.

Soldato
cool will do a search for it, but like what do the decent gamers use a joystick or a pad, if pad do they use the analogue sticks or dpad

most beat em ups (sf, sc, tekken, vf etc.) are released in the arcade so they are designed with the joystick in mind. all the tourney winners i know of use joystick, definitely all the ones in the street fighter series use joystick.

that however isn't to say that joypad is useless, they compensate by being able to alter your binds to press multiple buttons etc. but if a game features very fast, complex movements then joystick will be better. if you use joypad though, dpad is the way to go. no sane person would use the analogue stick.

new pads/sticks are being designed for sf4: (these are not the finished products)

pad.jpg

stick.jpg

more details here:http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162653

Back
Top Bottom