PES 2009 - Game Discussion Thread

Soldato
OP
Tell you what, this game sound MILES better on my Yamaha and Jamo 5.1s than Pansonic built ins

Have you heard the annoying cough yet though?? :mad:

Oh and what happened last night? You got sent off and then left.
You'll be pleased to know that me and wiggis went on to win that game and then won a few games after that as well scoring a great teamwork goal. ;)

Caporegime
Yeah its from the back right speaker. I can hardly hear it though.

I got sent off then got bored. Played and won the champions league instead. It's a bit dull without the headset and I think you too were in private chat as I couldn't hear anything.

Soldato
OP
Yeah its from the back right speaker. I can hardly hear it though.

I got sent off then got bored. Played and won the champions league instead. It's a bit dull without the headset and I think you too were in private chat as I couldn't hear anything.

Yeah we were.
What level were you playing CL on?

Caporegime
I couldn't see the voice 'halo' around your numbers in the top left so assumed you were in chat, That ingame communication was funnny though.

I played on regular with 5 min games, just wanted to get it done. Played as Man U, best win of 3-0 I think.

Barca were hard, won in the final on pens with it going to about the 10th kick in sudden death.

About legend and scout - I found this on another forum:

Hey guys, I have been playing this mode for a while now, so i thought i would post abit of advice.
Stick with it, i am on my 4th season now and my stats are looking good. I am playing for a top team, my salary is high and i am playing in my favoured position. If you havn't got the patience to play through the first 2-3 tough seasons like me then skip them. You still get your stat points, you just dont get your match experience points, these are hardly noticable anyway. Unless its a big match like the European Championship Final, Masters Cup Final, even then they only make a nominal contribution to your players overall deveopment.

If your stamina is around 79, dont bother allocating points to it, its a waste. You will be subbed by 75 mins anyway. Tecknique kicking has high growth on short pass, shot accuracy, shot technique and free kick. Technique dribbling's high growth is dribble accuracy. Power's high growth is shot power and long pass speed. Speed is top speed and acceleration. I wouldn't bother with balance for now.

The camera angle i use is vertical wide (ball), takes abit of getting used to, but you will. Try to avoid constantly calling for the ball, this really confuses the AI. Get into space and wait for them to be facing up the pitch before you call. If you call when there is no pass on, the AI will try to get it to you, or pass to a team-mate who inturn will rush to get the ball to you and you will probably loose posession. If you find that cumulative fatigue is affecting your player, just skip a match and your player will be fully fit next match, just make sure its not an important match that you need to win.

All in all, if you play in the position your manager wants you to, play well, assist in goals and score loads, you will develope your career well and become a Legend.

The funs not over there. Once your guy is a machine and is on a high salary, you can scout 4 AI players for your online Legends team, as-long as they are on a lower salary than you. For example at the minute I have Cech as my goalkeeper, Ferdinand as my centre back, Messi and Kaka' are also in my team. Along with 3 other human players, it can be a very strong line-up. I am guessing that if the 3 other human players also scout 4 good AI players,these will also be added to the team sheet.

Hope this helps !!

Soldato
I've always been a staunch fan of PES until last years effort which turned me to the FIFA franchise of which I've really enjoyed 08, UEFA 08 & FIFA 09.

Is this year's effort honestly any good? As much as I like FIFA I've always been more into PES and was hugely disappointed with last year's dismal release and I'm kinda tempted by this years. How does it compare to PES 6 for instance? Is the gameplay still as good?

2009 is a hundred times better than 2008 in all areas. While it can't get near Fifa 09 in terms of presentation I like the gameplay better overall.

A minor gripe for me is that the computer sometimes selects the wrong player and you end up frantically bashing L1 to try and get on the guy you want to control. I've got the cursor set on semi-auto but I liked it better in the earlier games when there were more levels of computer assistance to select from.

I also think the tackling and shooting systems are a bit diffent compared to the older games and take some getting used to but it's well worth putting the time in. You can no longer just hold x or square and hope that the AI put in a tackle for you and you need to keep defenders in position better or you get punished by through balls.

Overall I'd recommend it purely on the gameplay.:)

Last edited:
Soldato
i played both demos and the ingame play of pes seemed to be better... i gave last year a miss so this will be my first soccer game on a next gen platform...

can you get option files to fix everything as you used to be able to? if you can bring all the teams / players / strips into line easily enough then pro is definitely the one that will get my 40 quid...

Associate
there is an option file online you can download for the 360 with instructions on how to add it.

But tbh, it took me all of 20 minutes to rename all the teams and change the kits, and do all the major transfers. the only thing I could not do is the badges.

Soldato
OP
there is an option file online you can download for the 360 with instructions on how to add it.

But tbh, it took me all of 20 minutes to rename all the teams and change the kits, and do all the major transfers. the only thing I could not do is the badges.

I still use all the standard crap, where is the download file then?

Soldato
i played both demos and the ingame play of pes seemed to be better... i gave last year a miss so this will be my first soccer game on a next gen platform...

can you get option files to fix everything as you used to be able to? if you can bring all the teams / players / strips into line easily enough then pro is definitely the one that will get my 40 quid...

It's £27 in one of the main supermarkets by the way.

Soldato
OP
you can download option files for both 360 and PS3 here

but I think you need to create an account.

Will it mess with the Legend mode I've already started though?

Noticed they can't do anything to the English leagues incase they get done for it.
Wiggis, I want your save file :p

Back
Top Bottom