Possible to syncronise folders over a network?

Associate
Hi all,

I'm currently running vista 64-bit on my desktop and vista 32-bit on my laptop. When I'm in my flat they are both connected to my belkin n1 router. I would like to synchronise my user folders on both machines, does anyone know if this is possible over a wireless network.

Will it need any 3rd party apps (I recently downloaded synctoy 2.0 but I'm not too sure how it works yet - haven't had much of a play!)

I'm not too sharp on networking so any help will be very much appreciated!!

Cheers,
Richy

Associate
OP
I've had a quick look on Synctoy and I couldn't see any of the files on my laptop. My laptop was there when I clicked on network, but it wouldn't let me see what was on it. Will I have to enable file sharing or something? I'd rather only let my PC and Laptop have access to each others files as there are other people on the network aswell, is this possible?

As I said - networking etc is a complete black hole in my knowledge!:o

J.B

J.B

Soldato
It can be done in XP so assume it can in Vista. Share your documents folder on the PC. Map that folder as a drive you your laptop then set your documents folder to uses that drive, then in the properties click the make available offline, this has worked for me in the past.

Back
Top Bottom