Beths mri cancelled

Man of Honour
I guess what people are saying is that lets say it was David Beckhams kid who needed this type of MRI. As they were paying they'd get it the next day im pretty sure.
That's not what I'm saying. If I were in such a horrible position and was getting messed around as much as Skywalker and his family are, I'd pay to go private.

Soldato
That's not what I'm saying. If I were in such a horrible position and was getting messed around as much as Skywalker and his family are, I'd pay to go private.

Skywalker already explained months back though, when all the money was raised, that sadly this wasnt a practical option for Bethany. :)

Associate
OP
Sorry for the late reply things have been a nightmare here and will update when I can .

My wife had her operation in which a lump was removed 2 weeks ago so thats on the mend but my neice was rushed into hospital with lukamia and is currently in intensive care as she didnt cope well with some of the test they have been doing .

Soldato
FFS! :mad:
The kid I look afters Mum is trying to get social services to fund someone to work a couple of nights a week so she can get some sleep.

She screamed and shouted at her social worker for ages, he said he was working on it. She filed an official complaint in the end, and suddenly everyone was flapping and saying they would hold a proper investigation into sorting things out.

She has also gone in all guns blazing at the hospital when hes needed tests and things, sometimes it works, and sometimes it hasnt.

Knip, Social workers are tied down by all sorts of red tape. It's not as easy as saying they want something done and it's done. Things have to go through panel and orders have to be authorised and providers sourced etc so it's not easy. The mum should be grateful she has social services to help her.

Skywalker - hope everything turns out well and this mess gets sorted. GL

:)

Soldato
Sorry for the late reply things have been a nightmare here and will update when I can .

My wife had her operation in which a lump was removed 2 weeks ago so thats on the mend but my neice was rushed into hospital with lukamia and is currently in intensive care as she didnt cope well with some of the test they have been doing .

Jebus dude you have terrible luck :(.

I don't think I could be as patient as you in similar circumstances.

Soldato
Sorry to hear that. Reminds me of what happened to my dad a few years ago. He went for tests on his heart and they told him everything was OK - massive relief all around. Then a couple of weeks later a letter turns up (no phone call or anything) saying "we read the results wrong - you actually need a heart bypass operation" :mad:

I know hospital staff are humans too and mistakes happen - but sometimes you have to question their methods of trying to put things right :rolleyes:

Caporegime
make sure beth is not in the room with you and them and then let ****ing rip on them.

yeah because you KNOW for sure that the health professional you'd be yelling at is actually the one responsible for making the mistake.... :rolleyes:

Caporegime
No it won't take 5 months but they're not readily available as far as I know, and they'll cost an arm and a leg, you'll need:

A radiographer to do the scan
A paeds anaethetist
A ODP to assist the anaethetist
A recovery bed after the scan
A radiologist to report the scan

At the very least.

With adults you can just rock up, chuck them in the scanner and kick them out afterwards.

ouch! - was about to post the same comment as Scuzi - why not go private -I needed one for my knee phoned up on the Friday and was booked in the following Tuesday - cost about £700 - looking at the above I can see that it is clearly a lot more complicated & expensive when there is a kid involved.

Associate
OMG, They're really taking the mick now! I wasn't in this story from the start, but have read everything and have been following it since. Luke, you really are a saint putting up with all of the stuff you have - I'm sure I wouldn't be able to keep my composure for so long if that was my son...

Hope everything turns out OK for you guys in the end - stick in there mate, we're all behind you.

Back
Top Bottom