*** The Official Football Manager 2009 Thread ***

Soldato
well i was looking forward to getting this this year, what with stoke being in the premiership and all :D

But having downloaded the demo on Sunday I'm sad to say i wont be bothering for the first time in about eight years. I dont think my computers up to the task anymore, the 3d runs like a dog, even the 2d stutters to hell and the menu buttons seem very unresponsive. Thought my radion 9800 pro would have at least managed to show 22 dots moving around a pitch :rolleyes:

ahh well

Soldato
well i was looking forward to getting this this year, what with stoke being in the premiership and all :D

But having downloaded the demo on Sunday I'm sad to say i wont be bothering for the first time in about eight years. I dont think my computers up to the task anymore, the 3d runs like a dog, even the 2d stutters to hell and the menu buttons seem very unresponsive. Thought my radion 9800 pro would have at least managed to show 22 dots moving around a pitch :rolleyes:

ahh well

Lol it would be :/.

My Asus Eee ran FM08.

Theres two options for 2D.

Associate

ahh well

My PC is also struggling, finding myself waiting 30 seconds for the 3d pitch to load, also finding myself waiting for lots of data to be processed. When the internationals happened i swear i was loading for about 3 minutes. Even with 2D on i'm still struggling abit with load times ingame also.

Soldato
What about it don't you like? :(

Well obviously this is going by the demo.

Watching the game reminds me of LMA Manager which I hated, doesnt have the FM feel to it, Media interaction is good yea but not for me, its just more text to read and click through, I never read it all, just click through as fast as I can.

And for some reason ther pitch is black!? :confused:

I dunno, Ill give it another go though.

Associate
The injuries are unbelievable. I'm only 3 league games in to the season and have had about 8 injuries already, 4 of them out for 3 months. :(

Associate
I am not going to bother with the demo and will await its release.

As with most games the demo isnt a true reflection of the finished product, and with a game like FM its not necessary to establish if you like the game or not.

Having played all the previous versions I know what to expect from the game, all the necessary information is there and thats what matters. The addons will be looked at when I play it. If I dont like the 3D engine then I will turn it off, simple solution.

The increase in media involvement/responses can only be a good thing, what annoyed me about previous releases is that the responses were limited and didnt give a fair reflection of what a manager would go through.

Soldato
Any chances of running this with a single core AMD64 3200+ on a Radeon 9800 Pro (yea, that's AGP!) and 1GB of PC3200 ram?

/me expects to be called a museum piece

Associate
The increase in media involvement/responses can only be a good thing, what annoyed me about previous releases is that the responses were limited and didnt give a fair reflection of what a manager would go through.

Some of the questions are annoying. I have had many which basically tell you a statement and ask you on a scale of one to five how much you agree with the comment made. That gets boring quite fast but other questions are much more involving.

Soldato
Sunderland funds are just stupid. £3 million for title challenge? Please.

They've kinda overated and underated some players again as they did with FM08. Dean Whitehead is still too good state wise. Graham Kavanagh is still also brilliant statistically in the game, but no where near that good in real life. Martin Fulop is the third choice keeper for Sunderland in real life, yet he's in the main squad. Andy Reid's passing ability is underated, also he's got like 9/10 for pace/acceleration... he's not that slow :/ Diouf and Edwards crossing is well overated. Chimbonda is also slated as the best player in the squad...

Kinda disappointed with Sunderland, isn't as realistic as it should have been.

Associate
Any chances of running this with a single core AMD64 3200+ on a Radeon 9800 Pro (yea, that's AGP!) and 1GB of PC3200 ram?

I'd be surprised if it runs at anywhere near an acceptable pace, but if you dont mind playing it inline with real life, I mean one day on FM equals 1 day in real life you should be fine :D

Sunderland funds are just stupid. £3 million for title challenge? Please.

They've kinda overated and underated some players again as they did with FM08. Dean Whitehead is still too good state wise. Graham Kavanagh is still also brilliant statistically in the game, but no where near that good in real life. Martin Fulop is the third choice keeper for Sunderland in real life, yet he's in the main squad. Andy Reid's passing ability is underated, also he's got like 9/10 for pace/acceleration... he's not that slow :/ Diouf and Edwards crossing is well overated. Chimbonda is also slated as the best player in the squad...

Kinda disappointed with Sunderland, isn't as realistic as it should have been.

Hopefully the patch will address this, but that I guess is what happens when they rely on fans to supply their ratings for each team.

Soldato
Well obviously this is going by the demo.

Watching the game reminds me of LMA Manager which I hated, doesnt have the FM feel to it, Media interaction is good yea but not for me, its just more text to read and click through, I never read it all, just click through as fast as I can.

And for some reason ther pitch is black!? :confused:

I dunno, Ill give it another go though.
A black pitch is a bug I think. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=55973

SI recommend updating gfx drivers, DirectX etc. :)

The injuries are unbelievable. I'm only 3 league games in to the season and have had about 8 injuries already, 4 of them out for 3 months. :(
I do agree with this. Have had 2-3 injuries in pre-season friendlies and players out for 2-3 weeks. SI have been told about this and are looking into it. If they agree injuries are too common they will fix this in the patch. Looks like quite an early and important patch this year.

It should run OK-ish on the 2D version. Processing etc will be slow but should be fine. Just don't try 3D! :p:(

Associate

a friend has similar specs and he said the demo has been running fine on his, pretty much the same speed as fm08

also noted that the game has been running all four cores at 100% so its meaning super fast loading times for me

Soldato
Did they change the tactics sytem or is it just me? I can't seem to drag my players arrows around as freely as the previous versions. Such as I can't have a central midfield player with an arrow to the wings.

Associate
I think they took out the ability to bend runs using arrows. I'm not sure why this is but theres a huge thread on it on the SI forums.

You can't stretch runs a long distance any more, either, you can only have an arrow going one 'place' forward or back, eg from DL to WBL and no further forward. A farrow means the player will tend to move forward when you're in possession, a barrow that he'll tend to hang back, and no arrow means it's left up to him. Sarrows have been removed entirely. No longer can we explicitly instruct our fullbacks to bomb all the way down the touchline :(

Soldato
Kinda poor that they removed it really. I was always a fan of running a narrow 4-2-3-1 counter attack and I can't seem to do that anymore since you can only put the player one forward or one backwards, and not sidewards or down the flank :/

Hope they re-add it.

Back
Top Bottom