Traffic light camera got me.

Soldato
And therefore what is right in front of you gets ignored - even though it should prompt you to perform an emergency stop :eek: :confused:

thats why should perform checks an ample distance before the junction?

and there is always a risk someone will walk out into flowing fast traffic on a green light, but they wouldnt be much loss to the gene pool.

Soldato
thats why should perform checks an ample distance before the junction?

and there is always a risk someone will walk out into flowing fast traffic on a green light, but they wouldnt be much loss to the gene pool.

What? Traffic lights or not are irrelevant. If there's a danger in front of you, you stop and don't waste time looking into your mirrors. If someone rear-ends you, its their damn fault for not keeping a distance.

Associate
OP
Well i wasnt sure if someone was right behind me because further up the road a mondeo was right up behind me like he wanted to overtake but he never did, i wanted to check my mirrors incase he was there still sniffing my fumes but couldnt tell and i dont think i could have stopped in time after i was trying to search for him anyway.

I must admit i should have known if someone was there or not but i didnt see anyone behind me turn off at any point so i thought he must have been there.

:(

I cant wait to tell my boss the insurance might go up just a tad :( or maybe i should just look blank when he says he has a fine through the post :p i hate my life at the mo :( but i suppose ill learn from this if anything comes of it.

Soldato
What? Traffic lights or not are irrelevant. If there's a danger in front of you, you stop and don't waste time looking into your mirrors. If someone rear-ends you, its their damn fault for not keeping a distance.

yes but if lights are green you still check your mirrors plenty of distance in front of the lights in case they change,

not just in front as the OP allegedly did

If someone rear-ends you, its their damn fault for not keeping a distance.

and if that someone happened to be a truck, pick-up or something similar and you're in a clio or something similar it doesnt matter for **** at that point who's at fault now does it.

Soldato
I went through a red light before, tried to get through on amber but knew I wouldn't make it, very stupid of me. Anyway it definitely flashed but I didn't receive anything:confused:

I was turning left after the lights though, maybe the camera is mainly trying to get people speeding straight through them...

Soldato
Oh, while I'm here R420La6X2^6x3/4 can you tell me why so many lorry drivers have blue lights all over the shop? I was led to believe it's hillegal. Ta!

Not illegal unless they flash. As to why loads of trucks have them, no idea! Although there are so many of them with them fitted could they be standard fit on some models?

Back
Top Bottom