Which mobile phone with sat nav?

Associate
Hello,

I am thnking of getting a new seconhand mobile phone off ebay but do not know which make or model i should consider. I am still using my trusty nokia 3650 but this time around I have decided I would like to get sat nav on my new phone also one which has lots of games/utils for it. I am looking for a phone around a year old in regards to when it was released as I do not want to spend a lot. Any recommendations please and state why. I might also fancy going down the pda route with windows ce etc and apps liek word excell etc

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply about your N95. Is there a phone a little bitcheaper lik last years technology that I could go for? What was your last phone before the N95?

Soldato
Before that I had some SE phone, K800 I think. No GPS on that though. I've have my n95 about a year now. The N96 is now available so n95 silver is 2 iterations old. Do they still cost quite a bit then? You should eb able to get one free on a cheap contract I would have thought.
But for something with lots of available software, it's definitely one you want to look at if it's do-able

Last edited:
Associate
Have a look out for the E-TEN Glofiish phones as some come with a SiRFIII GPS chipset, I just picked up a refurb Glofiish x800 for £150.

Windows Mobile 6
GPS
FM Radio
HDSPA
3G
2MP Camera with auto focus and flash
WMP
Mobile Office 2007
Co-Pilot 7 turn by turn voice, free map & speed camera updates
640x480 touchscreen
Micro SD card slot, comes with a 1GB card, I replaced with an 8GB.

Associate
HTC Touch Pro or HD are also worthwhile considering.

Both have very clear high rez screens which is quite nice for navigation and being windows mobile come with a compact office suite, games and other usefull apps ( plus others you can get.).

Both have built in Sat Nav which works well enough ( the nav isn't perfect, the poling is a little slow by default but it's easy to fine tune ) and the default googlemaps is good enough for most uses - but you can get a multitude of proper sat nav programs too.

Before people jump up and down and say 'google maps isn't a sat nav program' - for my uses it's ideal.. I don't trust sat nav systems. So having a good quality, visual map, with the route it thinks I need to follow displayed and my current location is perfect. If I see roadworks, I can quickly ( in a matter of seconds ) work out my own detour and being able to see a satellite image of the land is usefull for spotting the right turns etc.

Back
Top Bottom