Tomorrow I find out if I've got a PhD position

Soldato
EDIT: Just read that it's BHF fully-funded - which means a lot less meetings/deadlines than if it was CASE - enjoy :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I don't mean the issue is going to be solved overnight, obviously. At the moment there aren't even any prophylaxis/therapy trials in the pipelines that tests with similar drugs haven't already shown to fail.
I still don't see why that means "don't go into HIV stuff". In fact, it's probably a good time to come up with something new, and you'd get loads of funding. A lot of funding bodies (points to the US) have realised they've wasted millions upon millions of dollars, and are looking at new ways to tackle HIV, computational approaches, sequencing approaches, host approaches. Maraviroc from Pfizer being one example.

Last edited:
Soldato
I still don't see why that means "don't go into HIV stuff". In fact, it's probably a good time to come up with something new, and you'd get loads of funding. A lot of funding bodies (points to the US) have realised they've wasted millions upon millions of dollars, and are looking at new ways to tackle HIV, computational approaches, sequencing approaches, host approaches. Maraviroc from Pfizer being one example.
Well I'm not going to argue the point. This was merely the thoughts of several of the people who've given me tutorials this term and my tutors. As I'm sure you can imagine, they aren't stupid ...
Congratulations! Bet you can't wait to be getting on with it now :D

Soldato
Well I'm not going to argue the point. This was merely the thoughts of several of the people who've given me tutorials this term and my tutors. As I'm sure you can imagine, they aren't stupid ...
Of course they're not stupid. I'm just interested in what they meant. If you could forward me anything on it I'd be grateful. (mail in trust).

int

int

Soldato
OP
Cheers all! I'm already itching to get it started but I've got to wait until next october :(

I'll just concentrate on my final year without the added stress of looking for a PhD :p

Back
Top Bottom