Older generation - racist?

Soldato
Now I realise you can't tar everyone with the same brush, went to visit the others halves grand parents this weekend and some of the racist remarks they came out with were quite shocking. A few examples "Nig nog", "Monkey girl", "Pakki", "I don't eat Indian food because of who it's made by"

I wasn't going to argue with them, partly because they won't change their views , but also because I was under their roof.

Apart from that they're perfectly lovely people (so long as you're white), just a bit dumbstruck by some of the comments.

Anyone else's grandparents like that? My Gran has some fairly conservative views but I've never heard her say any racial slurs like this.

Permabanned
Yes. All old people are racist.

Our local post office got taken over by an ethnic minority and almost went under until they started employing all white face staff. All the old people were getting their pensions at another branch.

Soldato
Cant say any my gran-parents are like this at all.

Some older people grew up with the racial slurs and think they are still acceptable. I dunno, Never really encountered this before.

Then again I proberbly would have challanged it since my gf is indian. So it really would have narked me off if someone said that.

Permabanned
Yeah, once I was shopping and there was black bloke cleaning the shopping centre by the entrance doors

anyway I hold the door open for this old bloke, and as he comes through he says ' dont let that 'n-word' through the door, trap his head in it and cut it off bloody 'n-word'

it was loud enough for the cleaning bloke to hear

Soldato

My grandparents aren't racist. Neither, as far as I can tell, are my girlfriend's grandparents.

I wouldn't stay under the roof of someone coming out with comments like that no matter how much it could cause problems in my relationship. Being old is no excuse.

Man of Honour
They grew up in a time when you were allowed to say what you think, no real surprises thee.

Do you really think that people want to say such things now but don't because of fears about being labelled racist? Freedom of speech has never been intended as freedom from consequences regarding what you say.

I don't think my grandparents were like that but since I unfortunately never met either of my grandfathers I can't say that with absolute certainty.

Caporegime

Our local post office got taken over by an ethnic minority and almost went under until they started employing all white face staff. All the old people were getting their pensions at another branch.

Dear Ann Robinson,

Why oh why oh WHY has iBot not been banned yet? That's all I want for Christmas.

regards,
mags.

Soldato
OP
Maybe they have a problem with chefs?

hehe considering she used to be a school cook I don't think that's it.

Had to laugh though, she said in relation to one of the comments "it doesn't matter who you are if you're cut you still bleed, it's the same for everyone"

Then

"But I don't like the japs, or Pakkis, and I'm not to fond of the chinese either"

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I was Shocked by a couple of my workmates, They refer to Bananas as Monkey food & then started chatting to this girl about how many "Monkeys" there are over in Nuneaton. There was No hush hush about it or anything & he just talked normally, The guy is between 45-50 I would say. There was about 5 people within ear shot who laughed along as I just stood there picking my jaw up.
I felt guilty not saying owt but he is the team leaders husband so I felt it better not to rock the boat any more.

Caporegime
Did you know that 100% of the food we import comes from abroad? Shocking!

:p

According to the Daily Mail, mathematicians have today declared that we IMPORT certain things and that means they are made by foreigners which is intrinsically unlawful and probably a delivery service of BAD AIDS.

The Daily Mail further incites residents of Kent and all Home Counties to SEND THEM BACK (the foreign scum, not the goods we buy because we can't or won't do so ourselves).

message ends.

The madness. Think of the children (but not the ethnic ones, they're rubbish).

Back
Top Bottom