first real overclock

Associate
bought a new pc and clocked it abit see sig for spec

did try a bit higher at 3.77 (440x8.5) but was not stable but had voltages on auto. temps were around 50 though

everst says its has E0 stepping, heard it mentioned a bit but dont know what it means tbh

Permabanned
RAM running at 1600???
Either youve mistyped (1066?) or thats your instability, dont forget as you raise your FSB to OC your CPU you need to lower your RAM speed/divider as this is linked to FSB, prob best to set it low whilst you get your CPU stable then bring it back up

Associate
OP
yea i mistyped lol

got it running at 4.02 now with 471x8.5
memory is running at 943

but when i run prime95 a few minutes in it will come up with an error on 2 cores something about unexpected 4.8?????? and it were looking for under 0.4 if i use the cpu test only then its fine i need some guidance of the memory clocking/settings

volts are 2.4 for dimms which is manufactors spec well its 2.1 - 2.4 for people like us as they warrenty them to 2.4 occ memory, n.b is a 1.5 which helped it last a bit longer in prime95. any help will be good, oh i have 4x1gb sticks maybe thats my problem and need to change memory.

Associate
OP
as i have got ocz memory i decided to buy a new lot of memory one thats in the supported list of the mb. so hopefully get it running stable at 4.0.

tried all different volts/settings even underclocked it a wee bit still was not stable

this is what i got

Associate
i got that ram, works fine for my small oc i have on my q6600. i just have it at stock, 1066 @ 2.1v

What voltages are you running for your cpu?

Back
Top Bottom